• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Matchlock Video

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitchyPine

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Howde boys, hope all is well, had my home made matchlock out the other day for a shot or two.
Thought ya might like a see.

Link

That is the most clever pan cover opening I have
ever seen...I would like to see a side view of
it if possible...mine are the sliding type like
on a wheel lock or snaphaunce...You look real
proud shooting as well you should be....
Wulf

Pitchy:

Damn fine Matchlock and video! Ugh, I wish you had posted it on Youtube, I would have favorited it! :applause:

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

wulf said:
That is the most clever pan cover opening I have
ever seen...I would like to see a side view of
it if possible...mine are the sliding type like
on a wheel lock or snaphaunce...You look real
proud shooting as well you should be....
Wulf

Thanks gents :)
I don`t know how to put it on u-tube :redface:
wulf i have a build thread in the gun makers forum somewhere.
Here`s a picture of my simple linkage but it works.

pancoveropen.jpg

pancoverclosed.jpg

BillinOregon said:
Pitchy: You're a hoot, sir, and a darned creative one. Great clip. Any accuracy?
Thank you Sir , it has a 54 cal. Green Mountain barrel on it.
Shot a nice doe at a 100 hards a couple years ago.
Impossible to flinch with it as ya can`t see when the match hits the powder.
I got a new camera this year that takes short vids so been playing with that a little.
I sneak another on that isn`t black powder but kinda cool, Marlin 1895 cowboy 45-70 and Ruger 44 mag.
Link

I admit it...that vid was the 1st time I've seen a matchlock operate, not counting tv/movies...I don't know about the "flinching" tho..LOL..

I really like the operation of the device and especially the fact that it is your own design..

Besides, you favor a big old cuddly teddybear...nope..no cuddlin'..

Excellent videop, and I think for me, an excellent learning experience..Keep 'em copming, I wouldn't mind seeing more.

God Bless

Lee

Thanks guys glad ya liked them and good to see ya.
I`ll see if we can make another vid of the matchlock going off from the side and closer to the action.

Thanks for the follow up views I asked for...
Thats great, all origional, unique, and it works.
My hats off to your method of solving a problem.

Wulf

Back