Marty;s Arms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

User_Dan

40 Cal
Reaction score
I have quite a few. Cast nice, only down side is the location of the handle screws, can burn your hand if your not careful

Reaction score
I have quite a few. Cast nice, only down side is the location of the handle screws, can burn your hand if your not careful
I looked at the Marty's and they sure look very well made.....but I was just a tad concerned about the lack of a sprue cutter plate on them. What do you do, do you use a pair of cutters after they cool??? Can you enlighten us ignorant peeps..lol

User_Dan

40 Cal
Reaction score
Yup, let them cool and a side cutter, twist the ball while cutting and it's a super smooth cut 20220609_195405.jpg

Reaction score
I have a .370 mold of theirs. It works great. If you have a production pot, you can really turn out some ball.

When I got mine, I cleaned each chamber out with acetone on a q-tip and then coated with Franklin Arsenal drop out. Take the time to clean it, there will be some odd chips in there leftover from milling.

I don’t need this .370 anymore, if you happen to be looking for that size. I went to a .360.