• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Market Fair rifle.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shane a gress

40 Cal
Reaction score
I purchased a used rifle yesterday at the Fort Frederick Market Fair. It's a 45 with a 38" barrel. Looks like a small Siler lock, correct me if I am wrong. I have ordered a jag and breech scraper from TOTW. On my travels for work this week I will get a pound of 3f and see how shoots.

20190428_085941.jpg 20190428_090030.jpg

Looks like a really nice early Ohio style rifle. (I think I got the style right....maybe not.) Anyway, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Good score!

Judging by the looks, it has many rounds run through it. Well used but taken care of. The maker is unknown. The fit and finish is ok. It's been over 20 years since I have owned a flint rifle. Hopefully I won't get shunned by the smooth bore crowd.

20190504_112306.jpg
20190504_112414.jpg
Range report for day.
60 grains and 70 grains. I was planning 4 rounds each but lost count in the excitement. Ended up 5 and 3. Looks like 2 rounds on top of each other with the 70 charge. What do you see?
The lock is wicked fast. Seems faster than my Tulle. I noticed that half the time I see the flash. When I anticipate the shot I don't see the flash and because I blink. I need more practice.

Latest posts

Back