• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Mark Silver Virginia Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to have a custom muzzleloader built and I was looking at a Chambers kit. I wanted a Mark Silver Virginia Rifle in 62 caliber. Does anyone have one of these and could you tell me some loads, ball size, patching thickness and powder that you use in this particular rifle? Also balance and weight of this gun on a all day hunt. newby here trying to get some advice. I’ve only hunted with production guns so far.

I have a nice one in .54. Built by Bob Ray. (He used to be one of Chambers' builders.) For me it is a bit heavy for an all day carry, but it does fine in the safe. ;) . A .62 might work better for a long hunt. I use a .590 or .595 ball and a thick patch in my .62s with about 100gr. of 2F.

DSCF1805.JPG

DSCF1808.JPG

Last edited:
I have a .62 by Keith Vance. You can see it on my Blog at 10-2019. The rest of the Ray rifle pics are at 4-2016. I had another by Joe Schell and sold it. I also have a .60 by Clay Smith. It is at 10-2020 www.bricestultzhisblog.blogspot.com
My problem with the long barrel guns is convenience. It is a bit long for a shooting house unless it is a 2-man type. For hunting I prefer a 38" in any caliber.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back