• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

March shoot: Bulls-eye partner shoot.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little tip for that type target. Don't shoot AT the Bull. Shoot for Perfect Center. I used my sons' .50 cal Hawken as it it a little lighter and easier for me to hold steady right now, April I'll try my .54 Lancaster, again. The Hawken sites (front post with ball top and rear flat top edge and dipped round groove) are made for that type target. I had targets from MyTargets.com. That type I had #1 and #2. I shot #2 ( Had a black circle around the bull) and had to get the #4 for the match and re-shoot that one. But when there are crossed marks (Vertical and Horizontal) the cross apex is at dead center. Place the horizontal target line on the top flat edge of the rear site. Then run the vertical line down through the center of the dropped groove of the rear site while placing the top (sight Ball) of the front site at the Apex of the lines and squeeze the trigger; shot is centered. Just practice that if those are the sites and target configure you're using. It's not that hard. This was one of the Greybeard Lessons I rec'd over the years. My Lancaster rear site is almost the same but I have a thicker blade front site. I need to run the vertical line through the center of the front site while it's centered in the deep groove. Each shooter needs to develop their own sighting Picture and work it; over and over and over again.Then you become more consistent in squeezing the trigger the first and every time the sites meet the target. I feel sorry for all those members who don't have time to shoot once a month with us.

Sound wisdom. The more I shoot, the more I get out of the whole black powder thing.

I have targets from the following members:
Team Name
1 Logcutter
1 Kansas jake
2 Juice Jaws
2 Adui
3 Russell Shaffer
3 Rifleman 1776
4 Skypilot39b
4 S Warren
5 58 Caliber
5 Maven
6 Bledford Days
7 Ames
7 Mad Irish Jack
8 Silky 921
8 Rob RoyG

Am I missing any, and am I expecting any more?

Since no one spoke up I am going to assume I have all the targets that are coming for this shoot. Here is the final tally:
First place goes to team 7, Group total was 35 points.
Mad Irish with 17 points and Ames with 18 points

Second place goes to team 5, group total was 28 points
58 Caliber scored 13
Maven scored 15

Third place goes to Team 8 Team total was 24 points
Silky 921 scored 13
Rob RoyG scored 11

Good shooting by all, and good fun for those of us who cant shoot as well

The remaining scores are below
Sum of total
Team Name Total
1 Logcutter 9
Kansas jake 7
1 Total 16

2 Adui 9
Juice Jaws 3
2 Total 12

3 Russell Shaffer 7
Rifleman 1776 0
3 Total 7

4 Skypilot39b 12
S Warren 7
4 Total 19

5 Maven 15
58 Caliber 13
5 Total 28

6 Bledford Days 7
(blank) 0
6 Total 7

7 Ames 18
Mad Irish Jack 17
7 Total 35

8 Silky 921 13
Rob RoyG 11
8 Total 24

Since no one spoke up I am going to assume I have all the targets that are coming for this shoot. Here is the final tally:
First place goes to team 7, Group total was 35 points.
Mad Irish with 17 points and Ames with 18 points

Second place goes to team 5, group total was 28 points
58 Caliber scored 13
Maven scored 15

Third place goes to Team 8 Team total was 24 points
Silky 921 scored 13
Rob RoyG scored 11

Good shooting by all, and good fun for those of us who cant shoot as well

The remaining scores are below
Sum of total
Team Name Total
1 Logcutter 9
Kansas jake 7
1 Total 16

2 Adui 9
Juice Jaws 3
2 Total 12

3 Russell Shaffer 7
Rifleman 1776 0
3 Total 7

4 Skypilot39b 12
S Warren 7
4 Total 19

5 Maven 15
58 Caliber 13
5 Total 28

6 Bledford Days 7
(blank) 0
6 Total 7

7 Ames 18
Mad Irish Jack 17
7 Total 35

8 Silky 921 13
Rob RoyG 11
8 Total 24

Great shooting by all. Thank you for shooting with me Adui, it was a fun shoot. Hope to get out and shoot blind man bluff in the next few days.

Good job winners. Thanks again for putting it on Adui.

Looking forward to doing it again this month.

Congrats to Mad Irish Jack and Ames. Great shooting guys. Hey Kansas Jake. We did not do to bad. Right in the middle of the pack.

Logcutter, we did okay. I'm glad the winners were way ahead of us so we don't feel bad about missing by just a point or two. Great shooting everyone. It was a fun shoot.

Edit: I received Rifleman 1776's target after scoring. Your team total makes 13 points. since it doesnt change the top three Im adding it here.

Thanks for showing the way, Ames. Sorry, bout making you wait for me to get my target in. That target with the black ring made it easier to shoot. shooting the correct target was a wee bit harder to see, but easier to keep the group tight. Good shooting partner. Good fun had and nice to see y'all making smoke and holy paper!. Like the idea of partners and I'll be sending a suggestion or couple for contest to the person of the month, our Judge, Adui! Thank you SIR. Family stuff keeps poppin' up to hold me off the range. Hoping the next 8 days I can get it in. My better half has a BD this week. I'll work around that. I got Lorraine out of the safe space, and plan on using her to spit lead again.

Back