• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

March 2020 postal match Shooting for the stars!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for putting these on. I do not know when my range will open but a suggestion would be set up one for May and if lockdown does not allow it just let it slide into June or make it a May/June. I will probably be able to shoot at my neighbors but as my wife and I are in isolation because we take care of my 95 year old mother-in-law I can't take any chances to exposure. I have heard mother-in -law stories but this one is a keeper. Have known her for the 53+ years my wife and I have been together. Sorry for the long winded post. Picture is my wife and mother-in-law on Easter on the back deck.
Party 1.jpg

I concur with 58 caliber and I'm in the same boat with the range being closed. Maybe I can find a farmer who would let me come out and make some smoke. Besides, I need to redeem myself a bit from my last showing.

M Smith, I apologise! Your target arrived in todays post, which I got AFTER I posted scores. You shot a 5 tying you with Cankennney for 5th place. Thanks for shooting!

Alrighty folks, I will come up with something for May, and as suggested if things are sparse due to lock down we will do another two month run. We shall play that by ear.

Looks to me that 58 could just shoot off of the deck. My mother in law was great - wish she was still here. And the two month contest is a fine idea. It took me two months to do this one.

I used to be able to shoot off my deck until I got two new anti-gun neighbors. Got a visit from the Sheriff who I know personally and took his advice. We also had a shooting range at our hunt camp and the last few years the flooding took out the road to camp, basically destroyed the cabin and wiped out the shooting range. So that kind of reduced my shooting options.

Dave

Find your target here: http://www.gamecalls.net/free_stuff/targets/5 Stars B.pdf

Fire one shot per star. Break the line anywhere on the star and score a point. Any shot that falls completely in the white circle of the star is worth 3 points.

Fire 5 shots only, misses count!

The shooting distance for this contest is 25 yards.

No do-over’s.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzle loading firearms; peeps are allowed under the condition you mark your target so I know you used a peep. (Tracking it)(NO Cannons) . Percussion or flintlock ignition. Cap and Ball revolvers are OK.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at the stated distance. Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso. In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle.

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scan, etc.
*New Rule!!**
Overseas participants may scan and e-mail me the target at
[email protected]. As long as I can CLEARLY make the target out I'll accept it.** (I recommend using a dark backing paper when you scan / copy it if possible so that the holes show clearly)
**Currently this will only apply to target shoots that I don't have to measure with a ruler. Unfortunately I do not have a printer to print them out with.**

Mutilated targets, or targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified.

The center of the shot and the placement on the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each contestant's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your targets.

As stated above if you use peep sights that too must be marked on your target. (Pretty Please!)

Mail your target postmarked by March 31st 2020 to:

Terry Stephens
251 S 90th St
Mesa AZ 85208
Whens the next shoot? I would like to get in on this.

If I would have read the whole post, I see you might have one in may. I'm game, got a 50yd. range out back.

Latest posts

Back