• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

March 2020 postal match Shooting for the stars!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Find your target here: http://www.gamecalls.net/free_stuff/targets/5 Stars B.pdf

Fire one shot per star. Break the line anywhere on the star and score a point. Any shot that falls completely in the white circle of the star is worth 3 points.

Fire 5 shots only, misses count!

The shooting distance for this contest is 25 yards.

No do-over’s.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzle loading firearms; peeps are allowed under the condition you mark your target so I know you used a peep. (Tracking it)(NO Cannons) . Percussion or flintlock ignition. Cap and Ball revolvers are OK.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at the stated distance. Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso. In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle.

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scan, etc.
*New Rule!!**
Overseas participants may scan and e-mail me the target at
[email protected]. As long as I can CLEARLY make the target out I'll accept it.** (I recommend using a dark backing paper when you scan / copy it if possible so that the holes show clearly)
**Currently this will only apply to target shoots that I don't have to measure with a ruler. Unfortunately I do not have a printer to print them out with.**

Mutilated targets, or targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified.

The center of the shot and the placement on the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each contestant's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your targets.

As stated above if you use peep sights that too must be marked on your target. (Pretty Please!)

Mail your target postmarked by March 31st 2020 to:

Terry Stephens
251 S 90th St
Mesa AZ 85208

I shot it today, but should have probably tried to wait for less windy weather. The wind was mostly from behind, but it was hard to just stand still with 40 mph gusts. I left a lot of room for myself to come in last and all you guys to beat me.

Shot my target yesterday, shouldn’t have. I had an eye doctors appointment late in the morning and had eyes dilated. Had a hard time seeing the stars on the target clearly, but shot anyway since I was at the range. Will mail it today.

Well, I planned on shooting this week, but the virus situation has everything in PA shut down. When they shut down clubs they also shutdown the shooting ranges. I have no where else to shoot since I have access to private ground. I'll see ya when I do. MIJO

That doesn't bode well for NY either, Jack. Does anyone here know if that's true of NY I'd hate to return home only to find my range is closed. Btw, I'm in FL until mid-April, but the indoor ranges here don't allow ML's or BP at all. Full auto rifles, but no BP burning ML's.

Paul, our club and ranges are open right now here in Owego, NY. Rumors are flying that anything now open that is non essential will have to be closed starting Sunday. I know it applies to businesses but not sure for Sportsman's clubs. One of our ranges is separate from the club with a combination lock that only can be used by members so I don't think my ability to shoot will be impacted. We will see. Sure hope you drove down there...

Dave

Thanks for the prompt reply, Dave. Actually, we took the Auto Train down at the end of Feb. and plan to return on it on Apr. 15. So far, Amtrak hasn't cancelled it due to the virus, and they would be foolish since this is the time we snowbirds (and Canadians, given the border closing) return home. Hope you and yours are healthy!

Find your target here: http://www.gamecalls.net/free_stuff/targets/5 Stars B.pdf

Fire one shot per star. Break the line anywhere on the star and score a point. Any shot that falls completely in the white circle of the star is worth 3 points.

Fire 5 shots only, misses count!

The shooting distance for this contest is 25 yards.

No do-over’s.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzle loading firearms; peeps are allowed under the condition you mark your target so I know you used a peep. (Tracking it)(NO Cannons) . Percussion or flintlock ignition. Cap and Ball revolvers are OK.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at the stated distance. Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso. In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle.

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scan, etc.
*New Rule!!**
Overseas participants may scan and e-mail me the target at
[email protected]. As long as I can CLEARLY make the target out I'll accept it.** (I recommend using a dark backing paper when you scan / copy it if possible so that the holes show clearly)
**Currently this will only apply to target shoots that I don't have to measure with a ruler. Unfortunately I do not have a printer to print them out with.**

Mutilated targets, or targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified.

The center of the shot and the placement on the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each contestant's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your targets.

As stated above if you use peep sights that too must be marked on your target. (Pretty Please!)

Mail your target postmarked by March 31st 2020 to:

Terry Stephens
251 S 90th St
Mesa AZ 85208
WHY ARE YOU SHOOTING AT PISTOL RANGES OF 25 YARRDS?
DUTCH

Latest posts

Back