• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

March 2017 Partner Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I saw the “Partner Shoot” I was thinking of an old business partner I had. :)
But then I realized that not the kind of shoot it was. :td: :(

The smooth bore that I would have used has not been shot for 37 years. :idunno: :slap:
And never with round ball.

Would have been a good choice for me but when I looked, it needed work. :shocked2: :redface: :shake: :nono:
It is on my to-do list for this month. Fix, cast balls and shoot. :)

Thanks to :hatsoff:
Jethro for putting on the shoots, Ames for bring it to my attention and Britsmoothy for
renewing my interest in smooth bores. And Claude for making it all possible.

William Alexander

Toomuch said:
Skychief said:
Have a thought about a contest Jethro :hmm:
How about an old fashioned turkey shoot? Just spit-ballin' here, but maybe closest hit to the middle of a sheet of paper.
One shot only.
Smoothbores loaded with bird (turkey :wink: ) shot from 20 or 25 yards.
Rifleman could shoot from 25 yards or so offhand or, 50 yards, rested.
Closest piece of shot, or ball to center of sheet, wins. :thumbsup:
Sounds like could be three separate contests to me.

Good ideas, could do four shots, and five catagories though. :shocked2: All single shots.

1- Smoothie 25 yd OH whatever shot size wanted at plain paper closest BB to center. :hmm:

2- Smoothie bare ball 25 yd rested at plain paper, closest to center. :)

3- Rifle OH at 25 yd plain sheet paper, closest to center. :v

4- Rifle rested at 50 yd plain sheet paper, closest to center. :wink:
And #5 would be the total distance closest to center for all four shots. :applause: That would be a little more measure and math work. Just a devilish thought. :slap:

Anybody else really looking forward to the release of the scores?

This black powder affliction has really got it's claws in me....

:pop: :pop: :pop:

And I don’t have a dog in this fight

Hope he is not sick or something

William Alexander

Sorry guys, I've been having internet issues for almost a week and haven't been able to get on here. "Connectivity" or some such. :idunno: :surrender: It's working again now. Knock on wood it'll stay working.

Here's the scores;

The first place team is Ames and Brits with a score of 14.731". Good shootin', guys. :hatsoff:
2nd Skychief and Jess with 16.182"
3rd 58 Caliber and Flint62Smoothie 21.568"
4th Tallswife and Silky921 23.052
5th MDK_WV and Hermit 24.852"
6th SmokepoleSam and Toomuch51 25.604"
7th Pappy237 and Loyalist Dave 30.915"

The best shot with a smoothbore was only .179" from dead center and was one of Britsmoothie's.

The best group shot with a smoothbore was 6.221" by Silky921. I guess he wasn't kiddin' when he said that new smoothie will shoot.

Skychief pulled off the best shot and the best group with a rifle, .144" and 4.046"

Thanks for playing, especially you new guys. I hope you had fun and will continue to join in the contests. :thumbsup:
I'm fixin' to post 2 new ones right away.

Thanks Jethro. Glad to hear it was just some technical difficulties and nothing else. Had us worried. Appreciate you doing this and hope the new guys join in again. :hatsoff:

Good shooting partner.....

Dave

Thanks Jethro for putting this match on, and thanks to Tallswife for putting up with me.

Was a good idea for a match and fun getting to know someone I might not have otherwise.

Look forward to shooting in future matches.

Glad to hear it was just some technical difficulties and nothing else.

I could hardly wait to get back on here and see just how crazy it was making you that I hadn't posted the scores yet. :haha:
This intergoogle stuff is great when it works. Drives me nuts sometimes tho when it won't do what it's told. I'm glad to be back on.
My smart phone just makes me stupid. I can look at stuff but don't know how to post stuff.

Back