• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

March 2017 Partner Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skychief said:
Have a thought about a contest Jethro :hmm:

How about an old fashioned turkey shoot? Just spit-ballin' here, but maybe closest hit to the middle of a sheet of paper

One shot only.

Smoothbores loaded with bird (turkey :wink: ) shot from 20 or 25 yards.

Rifleman could shoot from 25 yards or so offhand or, 50 yards, rested.

Closest piece of shot, or ball to center of sheet, wins. :thumbsup:

Sounds like could be three separate contests tome.

Yep. Money best left out of this thing.
Of course, now you got me thinking. How hard of a contest would it be to tack up a dollar bill and shoot 1 in the center, and 1 at each corner? :hmm: Kinda like last years 5th of July contest, only smaller paper.
Could even pull it off with a photocopy of the bill so we don't end up funding Jethros next gun when we mail it in. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Toomuch said:
Skychief said:
Have a thought about a contest Jethro :hmm:

How about an old fashioned turkey shoot? Just spit-ballin' here, but maybe closest hit to the middle of a sheet of paper

One shot only.

Closest piece of shot, or ball to center of sheet, wins. :thumbsup:

Sounds like could be three separate contests tome.

Yes, it could be.

"One shot only.

Closest piece of shot, or ball to center of sheet, wins."
Well, you would think a turkey gun at 20 yards spraying 200 pellets would win over roundball from 50 yards. Easy. But.....
Be careful what you wish for in a contest. I saw the roundball target Britsmoothie mailed in for this month. :shocked2: Glad he was on my side.

Ames said:
"One shot only.

Closest piece of shot, or ball to center of sheet, wins."
Well, you would think a turkey gun at 20 yards spraying 200 pellets would win over roundball from 50 yards. Easy. But.....
Be careful what you wish for in a contest. I saw the roundball target Britsmoothie mailed in for this month. :shocked2: Glad he was on my side.

Yup I know what you mean, I've seen quite a few spiders in my time (other competitors shooting against me of course).
:redface:

Britsmoothy said:
Skychief said:
The distances were suggestions only.

Yeah, I'll bet ol' Britsmoothy turned in a respectable target. :thumbsup:

Best regards, Skychief

No, not really brother :doh:

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: Seems we're getting conflicting hints here. Judge Jethro will have to settle this with his report I suppose. :haha:

He said on page 2 that the cutoff for HIS shooting would be the 25th. Sounds like he is on the road again.
I suspect we will see the results in another week. Until then I'll clean and oil the locks for an April shoot. How about a candle snuffers shoot with a printed target of a candle and flame? 5 closest shots to the wick without hitting the stick? :hmm:

Yep, I've been gone to rondy. :)
Fort de Chartres, IL juried event. GREAT event! :thumbsup:
I did real well in the shoots. Came in 1st smoothbore and 2nd rifle.

But now I'm back.
Scores will be posted on or around the 10th, DAVE! :wink:

I'll try and get the April contest started tomorrow. Might even give you a couple extra days since I didn't get it posted before the 1st AND it was a weekend.

You guys have given me plenty of great ideas for some upcoming contests. Both here and in private topics. We should be all set for a while but don't hesitate to give me more ideas if you get a good one. I try to use 'em all.

I like the turkey shoot idea but don't think the $ should be in the mix. No $ keeps things on the up-and-up. Maybe split smoothbore and rifle into a double contest. Everyone could shoot either or both.

Thanks Jethro and my cousin Ames
This has been a good read, almost got me off my duff.

:pop:
William

“Almost? What does it take?”
More of something, don’t know what, I will be looking into the what.

Your “Call to arms!“ is what got me looking in the member’s only Online Shooting Contests.

It looked like a good excuse to dig out my smooth bore and embarrass and humiliate myself.
Ah but alas it needs fixing and was not on my to-do list last month.
When I was home the weather was”¦.. not so good, blew my 100# anvil over.

You have piqued my interest and I may find a shoot or more that I will enter.
You did get me thinking, and I do need to have something ready to shoot.
Thanks.

So mom was an Ames.
I may be in your neck of the woods this year for an Ames wedding.

We related?

William Alexander

Related? Only by powder burns. :haha:
Its great we got you interested. Join in the fun any month you can. The guys and gals on this page are just flat out fun to shoot with and tell tales around the fire afterwards. We got interest in shooting here way up this month.
Look forward to hearing you are in a shoot soon. :thumbsup:

Back