• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

March 2017 Partner Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hmm: I never thought about a right vs left hander contest.
Would we need a separate team for leftys shootin' righty guns? :haha:

I'll definitely have to resurrect the 2x4 shoot. It's been quite a while since we did that. :thumbsup:

I think if we did the old guys/young guys again, which was a lot of fun :thumbsup: , you would have to raise the cutoff from 50 to 55.
Far too many older old guys playing and need to balance it out a bit.
Plus that would move Jethro back to the kids table.
Gotta watch what I point out because I've read reports on his shooting skills. :shocked2: :rotf:

It amazes me to see that this months shoot has 4x the amount of comments and activity than those of the past. So whoever's idea it was to put on a team match....here here!

I like the idea of mixing up the team and individual based contests in the future.

Silky921 said:
It amazes me to see that this months shoot has 4x the amount of comments and activity than those of the past. So whoever's idea it was to put on a team match....here here!

I like the idea of mixing up the team and individual based contests in the future.

Well, it started when Ames said this;
Ames said:
How do we start a campaign to get participation up to 30 or 40? :confused: These shoots are the high point of the month for me.
Can we put out a call to all under general muzzleloading or fish for new guys under welcome to the camp?

In the past interest has sometimes increased when we've done team shoots. So I decided to do another team shoot and Ames did a little recruiting and advertising. :thumbsup:
The more members that participate and tell their member friends about it, the more members who join in. Challenge your buddies! More shooters + more smack-talkin' = more fun! :)

Looks like we got plenty of Leftys to make a team.

When I do team shoots I take each members score, add them all together, and divide by the number of team members for the average. This way it doesn't matter if one team out-numbers the other.

:hmm: April Fools is coming. Maybe I'll make all the Leftys shoot right handed and all the Rightys shoot left handed. :blah: :rotf:

Jethro224 said:
Looks like we got plenty of Leftys to make a team.

When I do team shoots I take each members score, add them all together, and divide by the number of team members for the average. This way it doesn't matter if one team out-numbers the other.
Just remember. If one team has one member and the other 9 or 10, the single member is more likely to win the way we spray lead around the backstop. :rotf:

Well go ahead and do a April's fool lefty/righty-righty/lefty shoot, I am ready. With the vision in my left eye better than my right eye I was experimenting the other day, shooting left handed even though I am right handed. The patches caused the same allergic reactions no matter which way I shot.

Have a thought about a contest Jethro :hmm:

How about an old fashioned turkey shoot? Just spit-ballin' here, but maybe closest hit to the middle of a sheet of paper

One shot only.

Smoothbores loaded with bird (turkey :wink: ) shot from 20 or 25 yards.

Rifleman could shoot from 25 yards or so offhand or, 50 yards, rested.

Closest piece of shot, or ball to center of sheet, wins. :thumbsup:

If one shot isn't enough to enthuse participants, maybe 3 or 5 sheets could be shot with a single shot and the shortest string wins. How much measuring would you be willing to do? :idunno:

Just wanted to raise an idea up the flagpole and see if any members will salute! :patriot:

Best regards, Skychief

What about a buy in for the turkey shoot? Maybe $5 or a $1 a shot?

A way to finance the match or at least spice things up a bit.

Back