• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

March 2017 Partner Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my target shot today not the best bit still in minute of angle for deer. My eyes must need a new pair of adjustment lenses because 50 yds. looks like a long ways over my sights and that piece of paper. :haha:

:surrender:

So I hit the paper five times yesterday..., barely....,
:td:

I have successfully determined that I need a whole lot of offhand practice with the smoothie, OR I need to add a rear sight (OR what I really need to do, is to do BOTH).

Egad! My hat's off to the chaps who take deer with these things past 25 yards.
:hatsoff:

I wonder if I would have had a tighter grouping launching a single blast of #4 buckshot and hoping to get five or less pellets in the paper??? :shocked2:

Problem is, that my smoothies don't shoot too bad from the bench at 25 yards, so it's a problem with "Tightening up the nut behind the stock" at this point.
:redface:

LD

Got my smoothbore target done. I took one shot to figure out this new gun, and I almost feel guilty about how easy it was. 5 good shots were taken.

Now my partner is about to lay it down too!

Silky921 said:
Got my smoothbore target done. I took one shot to figure out this new gun, and I almost feel guilty about how easy it was. 5 good shots were taken.

Now my partner is about to lay it down too!

Well....If the wind ever stop blowing long enough for me to keep the target paper from ending up in Kansas, I will.

I shot my target yesterday in the March wind. It was not a good day. I hope Hermit can bail me out because I didn't do him any favors with my target in this Partner shoot.

Maven said:
"Got my smoothbore target done. I took one shot to figure out this new gun, and I almost feel guilty about how easy it was. 5 good shots were taken."

That's disgusting, silky....! :thumbsup:

And it's a beautiful target too!! Stunning grouping, right in the center!!!

I'm pretty shocked with my results too. Usually it takes a few range trips and hours tinkering for me to figure it out.

I did however have some inside information from Keb on where to start, and it happened to be dead on.

Silky921 said:
I'm pretty shocked with my results too. Usually it takes a few range trips and hours tinkering for me to figure it out.

I did however have some inside information from Keb on where to start, and it happened to be dead on.

Did you buy that purty 28ga he recently had posted for sale on another site?

Jethro224 said:
Silky921 said:

Did you buy that purty 28ga he recently had posted for sale on another site?

Yep. You did. Just saw your topic in smoothbore section.
Nice! :thumbsup:
I almost bought that one even tho I don't need another.

If your a smoothbore shooter looking for a partner, let me know. I'd like to play. :thumbsup:

Best regards, Skychief

Jethro, is an aiming spot allowed or are we to shoot at an unmarked sheet? :hmm: Thanks!

Back