• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

March 2014

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
The weather should be getting a little better this month, I hope, so it's time to break out them guns and get tuned up for the shooting season. We'll start out nice and easy. :wink:

Take 5 Shots at the center of a 3"x 5" index card with an X drawn thru the center at 25 yards.

Each shot will be measured from center of target to center of hole. These 5 measurements will be added together for your score.

One target entry per member.

5 shots per target.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified.

No do-overs.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzleloading rifles (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition. (you can use a smoothbore or pistol if you would like)

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at 25 yards.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The center of the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each contestant's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your targets.

The contest runs thru March, 2014.

Mail your target postmarked by March 31, 2014 to;

Jim Green
P.O.Box 322
Pekin, IL 61555

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Be safe and have fun! :hatsoff:

It may be warm enough tomorrow to actually do this, Jethro. However, there's still 2 ft. of snow on the ground at our range and fortuitously, the only path through it is at the 25 yd. range.

Will you be putting another shoot together for the month of May? I'm sorry I missed the March shoot.

First of all, I apologize for being sooooo tardy in posting the results. :redface:

My caliper has been AWOL for a while and I had just decided that I was never going to find it and would go buy a new one tomorrow. Lucky, I guess, I wore a hole in my moccs last weekend at a rondy and decided to make a new pair.
Guess what was under my moccasin makin' leather. Yep, my caliper. WooHoo!

So, finally...
Here are the results!

1st place, Mad Irish Jack O'Donnell with a score of 4.691". :hatsoff:
Way to make a comeback Jack! :hatsoff:

2nd place, Hermit, 5.106"

3rd, Maven, 5.222"

4th, Bakeoven Bill, 6.005"

5th, MDK_WV, 6.958"

Thanks for playing. :hatsoff: And thanks for not gettin' too mad at me for being realy slow. :redface:
My caliper is back safely in the gun cabinet where it belongs so this will not happen again.

May contest coming right up. Good luck.

Congratulations, Mad Irish Jack, that was some fine shooting :thumbsup: And to all the other participants. Now I see Jethro has given me another reason to go shoot. May the force be with you.

Latest posts

Back