• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Maple time soon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever it takes the effort is well worth it. There is no syrup that I can think of that can compare to real maple syrup on hot pecan waffles with lots of butter. It's a true gift of nature like my wild raspberry plants here in the Ozarks. The birch and walnut syrup sounds interesting. I have hundreds of black walnut trees here on my place.

Have no idea how the Maple thing works from trees. Can someone give me the run down how it works? And can you use it right from the tree or do you have to add something to it? Thanks
All trees have sap going up in the spring and some sugar in that sap.. Maple Trees have about 2.5% sugar in the sap ...compared to birch for instance that has 0.4%... Maple syrup is simply boiled maple sap until the sugar content gets to 60% . Commercial opperators use reverse osmosis to speed up the process of getting the water out and only boil condensed sap ! In areas where winters are relatively mild sap also contains a lot of other nutients giving a very dark and strong tasting syrup areas where witers are colder with more snow the sap will be more aboundant and clearer giving a paler syrup with a better milder taste . Nothing is ever added to REAL maple syrup !

All trees have sap going up in the spring and some sugar in that sap.. Maple Trees have about 2.5% sugar in the sap ...compared to birch for instance that has 0.4%... Maple syrup is simply boiled maple sap until the sugar content gets to 60% . Commercial opperators use reverse osmosis to speed up the process of getting the water out and only boil condensed sap ! In areas where winters are relatively mild sap also contains a lot of other nutients giving a very dark and strong tasting syrup areas where witers are colder with more snow the sap will be more aboundant and clearer giving a paler syrup with a better milder taste . Nothing is ever added to REAL maple syrup !

Thanks,

Back