• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE Map Powder Horn (#17)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is Powder Horn #17 which I finished today. This handsome fellow measures 10" from spout tip to base plug (which is 3" high x 2" wide) with a steel forged strap staple. The map is of the upper Chesapeake Bay. The inside curve features the good Schooner MarySee and her stalwart crew. Lots of border work, which I think adds nice visuals. Asking $300 shipped to your door (Lower 48).
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Horn 1.jpg
    Horn 1.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Horn 2.jpg
    Horn 2.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Horn 3.jpg
    Horn 3.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Horn 13.jpg
    Horn 13.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Horn 11.jpg
    Horn 11.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Horn 14.jpg
    Horn 14.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Horn 5.jpg
    Horn 5.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 0
  • Horn 15.jpg
    Horn 15.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Sign.jpg
    Sign.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oh my! If I could afford to commission a horn, I'd order one with an image of the Fortune, the second ship to arrive at Plymouth Massachusetts after the Mayflower. One of the passengers was a man named Clement Briggs, who I believe is my kin. Most beautiful work Pathfinder,

Oh my! If I could afford to commission a horn, I'd order one with an image of the Fortune, the second ship to arrive at Plymouth Massachusetts after the Mayflower. One of the passengers was a man named Clement Briggs, who I believe is my kin. Most beautiful work Pathfinder,
Thank you Treestalker!

Hi PolecatTom,
I use two scribes, one is a thick finishing nail that I tapped into a dowel for a handle, and the other is a small finishing nail that also has a piece of dowel for a handle. I file both nail points to keep them sharp. For bolder cuts I like to file a small burr on the nail tip.

Attachments

• 692C8142-A20A-4931-99E8-3A7DC31103B7.jpeg
    692C8142-A20A-4931-99E8-3A7DC31103B7.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 0
Back