• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Manufacture of parts of the Russian infantry rifle with a percussion lock model 1845

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrey22

Pilgrim
Reaction score
In 1845, the Russian Imperial Army received a new infantry rifle with a percussion lock.
I was asked to make a percussion lock for replica the M1845 infantry rifle and a few more parts.
Russian%20infantry%20rifle%20M1845%20-%201.jpg

I have antique rifle drawings M1845. The drawings consist of a description with dimensions and several sheets of drawings of weapon parts.
In the drawings, control points are applied. The description shows the distances between these points. Unit of measurement in drawings of the "Линiях" (line).
1 линiя = 1/10 of an inch.
Russian%20infantry%20rifle%20M1845%20-%202.jpg

Russian%20infantry%20rifle%20M1845%20-%203.jpg

Russian%20infantry%20rifle%20M1845%20-%204.jpg

Hi Andrey,
Rather than make a new tumbler could you fill the square hole in the hammer with weld? Then drill and file a square hole that is oriented properly. I've done that for quite a few locks.

dave

Rather than make a new tumbler could you fill the square hole in the hammer with weld? Then drill and file a square hole that is oriented properly. I've done that for quite a few locks.

dave
Thank you, dave.
I’d better remake tumbler. I don’t want to upset the customer.

Back