• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Making wheellock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to make two keys for the wheellock.
It's a pity that I'm still a bad blacksmith...

Attachments

• Wheellock-17.jpg
    Wheellock-17.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Wheellock-18.jpg
    Wheellock-18.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 52
I would like to think that I am not a bad locksmith and turner...

Attachments

• Wheellock-8.jpg
    Wheellock-8.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Wheellock-9.jpg
    Wheellock-9.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 58
If you think of doing another may I suggest an early pistol diamond plate. To my knowledge nobody is producing one and if you complete it dismantling and 3d scanning the parts might allow it to be reproduced.

If you think of doing another may I suggest an early pistol diamond plate. To my knowledge nobody is producing one and if you complete it dismantling and 3d scanning the parts might allow it to be reproduced.
Thanks for the suggestion. Can you show the photo?

I finished making keys

Attachments

• Wheellock-10.jpg
    Wheellock-10.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Wheellock-11.jpg
    Wheellock-11.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 52
I had to shorten the chain and plate that presses the wheel axle.

Attachments

• Wheellock-12.jpg
    Wheellock-12.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 55
Back