• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Making stuff

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My two main mantras for this game are: "Do yer own thang" and "Do it yerself". I've made many ml and pc related items over the years. Not always beautiful but always functional and enjoyable to use because I knew I made them myself. However, at times I have 'cheated'. At rendezvous burlap feed sacks have been very useful in keeping my camp looking pc. Since we can't to out and kill a fresh buff for meat everyday I cover the ugly red ice chest holding my meat with feed sacks. Same for plastic 5 gal. water jugs. Never a complaint from the pc nazis.

Yeah, most of what I got I either made or was gifted to me. I'm so-so period correct. I've got a couple Damascus blades (both look gorgeous and cut like a razor) but I know they didn't exist back in 18th or 19th centuries. Not to a mountain man or colonialist anyways. I also added some things I just think are smart ideas like brass powder measure to the horn I made. Some embellishments to my ball flask etcView attachment 280565View attachment 280566View attachment 280567View attachment 280569
Some real talent and skill.

Some real talent and skill.
KIMG1670.JPG
here's the powder horn. It was my first shot at a horn. The spout is a 60 grain for my Pedersoli .45 Kentucky.
I changed those nickel rivets out for antique brass.

Back