Making Circassian or Caucasian flintlock - miquelet

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Andrey22

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I found a description and diagram of such a castle in a book "Oruzhie narodov Kafkaza" (Arms of the Peoples of the Caucasus) E. G. Astvatsaturian.

Andrey22

Pilgrim
Reaction score

Andrey22

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Having received the blueprints, I set about making the castle. Started with a pan.
Hurried, made a mistake and I had to do pan again for flintlock.

Andrey22

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I cut blanks for the mainspring and frizzen spring from spring steel.
Forged flattened the round billet and cut the outline of the hammer for flintlock.

DOUBLEDEUCE 1

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Curious... why is there a hole in the frizzen ? Or am I looking at this wrong ? Was it needed to anchor the part while working on it ? :cool:

Rudyard

40 Cal
Reaction score
The battery face is often a striated separate piece that is held by dovetails or a screw from the rear hence the hole. I think this whole theme is great, Admirable work . Sure there not long rifles or CVA,s but what I deem stylish & very interesting . Rudyard

DOUBLEDEUCE 1

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I was thinking about how the face of the frizzen would be attached. It seemed like a way to do it. But then I thought with such a piece, you might need a hold down of some sort. Then have that hole handy to attach the frizzen face.
Thank you for straightening me out... I may not be the sharpest candle in the knife... but I do catch on. :cool: :doh:

Group Builder