• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103
Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Europe, something has to be proven safe before it's approved for use.

Here, something has to be proven harmful before it's banned from use, maybe. All hail the Corporations!

Not correct. Meds have to be proven both safe and effective before FDA approval. But, if you want to build a new widget, go for it. That's free enterprise. We don't need the Government doing all our thinking for us.

We dearly love the birds and they are fed all year. Deer come to eat and once in a while turkeys come and I can walk past them. My little dog does not bother anything and ignores deer, squirrels and birds. Deer have come within 10' of her and she just sits there. We had quail long ago but got a deep snow and rain that froze on top. Killed them off so we have none at all. There are no birds to hunt at all. I will not shoot crows or ravines anymore.
We have a deer with 3 legs that came today with a younger one. The 2 dogs in my yard barked at them but are in a huge pen. The deer were not bothered and even when I yelled at the dogs to get in they stood there. Me with my baby. If you don't love animals I have no use for you. She is sleeping under my seat in the basement and loves to go for a ride to see neighbors and dogs. She even loves cats. View attachment 8512

Where I live there are a lot of bear. We do not have any bird feeders because they will attract the bears.

I have a 15 and 17 year old sons that likes to mess around outside playing basketball and such.

Coming home one day we saw a bear run across the road and down the neighbors driveway. Wife and i figured we should warn them. Bear got scared off and I nocked on the door. The guy chuckled and said they feed them and pointed to a feed trough type thing.

I wanted to punch him in the face and tell him he is desensitizing the bears and he is going to get someone hurt and if his bears come to my house they will be dead. I had to walk away.

Point is don't F with the wildlife and they will stay away.

Some peoples' views of wildlife amaze me at their stupidity. I don't mess with the wild life and they don't mess with me. I learned a lesson about bird feeders about 15 years ago. I had put up two humming bird feeders and a seed feeder for other birds. After about 2 weeks during the summer both the humming bird and seed feeders were completely destroyed by the black bears that ventured onto my carport deck. I have not replaced them since. Lesson learned!

We have deer coming through our yard every day. We are surrounded by woods. My wife feeds them corn. I mean she feeds them a lot, not just some to attract them. They have become so acclimated to human presence we can walk to within ten feet of them. The deer and our dog either ignore each other or do a little play 'dance'. I know this is not good but you are welcome to try making my wife stop feeding the deer.

No bears or hogs in our neck of the woods. Now, raccoons, that is another story. Not dangerous but just a nuisance. My wife has both a bird feeder and a hummingbird feed outside the patio doors on our upper deck which is 12 feet off the ground. I guess we just put up with the coons at night.

Central Texas...hogs, coyotes,turkey, deer, raccoons, squirrels, armadillos, etc..some idiots feed them and they are like pets.....so numerous our neighborhood hires net trappers, no guns; however, we are the intruders. I hit 2 deer last fall with my truck during rutting season. 250# of venison, $1500 in deductibles and not one steak. Illegal to take fresh deer road kill. More collisions with wildlife than other vehicles in our area.

No bears or hogs in our neck of the woods. Now, raccoons, that is another story. Not dangerous but just a nuisance. My wife has both a bird feeder and a hummingbird feed outside the patio doors on our upper deck which is 12 feet off the ground. I guess we just put up with the coons at night.

We are in north-central Arkansas, in the Ozarks. There are bears in the area but we have never seen one. Hogs are abundant not far from my home (5-10 miles) but, again, have never seen one here. Raccoons destroy the garden and I trap and kill several every year. Over the years I have shot more squirrels than can be counted. Stopped trying to eliminate possums, they are thicker than flies on manure and don't seem to do any harm. I would like to eliminate the armadillos but have had no success. They dig holes that cause problems. There are a lot of people, like my wife, who feed the deer. Every farm store, supermarket, Walmart, etc. had huge stacks of whole corn on pallets they sell to folks who like to feed the deer. I don't think we will change their habits. Really, though, it is nice to be able to watch the deer from just a few feet away.

Latest posts

Back