• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Make/model?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathanswen

32 Cal
Reaction score
Can anyone identify this muzzle loader. It was my grandfathers. I have no history on it.

Attachments

• F5DE510C-2B28-4228-B295-9FF05FB818A9.jpeg
    F5DE510C-2B28-4228-B295-9FF05FB818A9.jpeg
    13.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 54AA272C-106F-454D-B14A-427EEABEA2F1.jpeg
    54AA272C-106F-454D-B14A-427EEABEA2F1.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 67
That is NOT a functioning ML rifle that can be used.
Your photo's show us a composite of random assembled parts that represent a "muzzle loading" type of gun.
There is nothing there that can or will be, considered as a functional firearm.
Please, keep it as an heirloom of/from your grandfather.
Thanks for checking with us,, maybe others will share also,, ☺

The trigger functions. It’s just missing the nipple. Everything looks the part to be a functional ML. I’m really hoping to be able to fire it. I’ll at least take to a gunsmith for safety precautions. Thank you for your comments

I'd make a lamp or something out of it just so I'd never in a weak moment think of trying to fire it.

It looks similar to this one
DDpC1rJ.jpg

Does it have Markings similar to this on it?
OzXJHKQ.jpg

Last edited:
They were made in Spain, .410 & .28 Gauge that i can find, Here is 2 more of them that look very similar to yours
8IuORcb.jpg

Back