• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Maine Powder House

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone ever order powder from this vendor? Placed a bulk powder order on 10 November after following their first time buyer procedures. Received a confirmation email for the order, however as of now not a word... No replies to emails/ voice mails. Little disheartening, just wanting to see if anyone has experience with the vendor, seems they have a good reputation so maybe my situation is just a fluke. Yet, can't be to sure in today's world.

Being there was a weekend and a holiday in there it's only been 5 working days....the confirmation may have been automated...
Also....being a Hazmat they may only ship one or two days a week......
You could always call them....or E-mail

Oh ya, certainly do! Just not good business practice IMO. If your run an online site you would think posting something in regards to an absence would be appropriate. I'm completely fine with that if it's the case, but don't take my money and leave me dry and wondering you know?

Indeed, nature of the beast unfortunately. Good news is, just spoke with the guy, he was indeed out for a few weeks and was scrambling to get orders out. All is well, now I have to wait for that nicely labeled hazmat box...

Patients ,,,it is hunting season here in Maine,,everything is put on hold in November,,even Marriages/Funerals, either October or wait till December.Other wise every year your anniversary will be during Hunting Season,,,
Glad to read it all worked out,,

Have ordered 3 or 4 times over the last 10 or 12 years and always got it in 7 to 10 days at absolute most. Just keep trying is all I can recommend.

our club is in maine and we buy from powder inc in Arkansas.
When JR owned the powder house, we bought from him, he used us right, this new owner, not so much!
Nit Wit

I have only dealt with the Powderhouse twice. Once to order 10# of Goex, with the hazmat it was $20 a #. Very quick delivery. No problems no complaints. Another time a buddy and I decided to take a road trip to get powder, we called a couple days prior to tell him to expext us. Not a huge sale, maybe 5 or 6 # between us. We had slipped his mind and he was a 1/2 hour out on his way to make a delivery. We called his cell phone and he turned around to open for us. I did get a good deal on some .60 round balls also. I imagine it was a net loss for him on the whole deal.But it put him all right in my book and he got my loyalty.
RFMcD

looks to me like you've been taken, can you talk to the bank and see if they can get your money back? I'll never order from them, they should've talked to you when you asked. Naughty, naughty.

We live in a perfect word.Everything is on time and exactly as we want or Said it was,,Can I come to your world,,mine is not perfect,weather man can't even get it correct, just walk outside come back wet 50/50 chance it's raining.

Back