• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Mailing percussion caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swimmer

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Is it legal to mail via USPS a tin of 100 #11 percussion caps "house to house?

https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c3_019.htm

341.21 Nonmailable Explosives​

Nonmailable explosives found in the mailstream must be immediately reported in accordance with POM 139.117.
Nonmailable explosives include, but are not limited to, the following:
  1. Common Fireworks. Fireworks are classified as Division 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, or 1.4 explosives depending on the degree of hazard. Fireworks include roman candles, skyrockets, helicopter–type rockets, cylindrical and cone fountains, pyrotechnic wheels, illuminating torches, firecrackers, salutes, and combinations of items that are designed to produce any of the aforementioned types of effects. All types of fireworks are prohibited from mailing.
  2. Fuses. Fuses are classified as Division 1.3 or 1.4 explosives depending on the degree of hazard. All types of fuses (except safety fuses as permitted under 341.22) are prohibited from mailing.
  3. Small Arms Ammunition. Ammunition is classified as a Division 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, or 1.4 explosive, depending on the degree of hazard. Ammunition that is regulated as a Class 1 explosive and designed to be fired from a pistol, revolver, rifle, or shotgun, as well as associated primers and blank cartridges (including those designed for tools) and propellant powder for use in any firearm, is prohibited from mailing.

It is not worth the risk of getting caught --- just because you have gotten away with it in the past that does not mean you will get away with it in the future:eek::rolleyes:. Get convicted and lose your freedom not worth it in my book but you do as you see fit. Roll the dice - you may get a 7 / 11 or "snake eyes":mad::oops::ghostly:

Caps are considered explosive ,Haz Mat etc. mail at your own risk, but if you get caught in today's world, they will want to make an "example" out of you (IMHO) Unless you like staying with your new "friends" in a federal lock up, I would not take the chance.

Is it legal to mail via USPS a tin of 100 #11 percussion caps "house to house? No.
You can ship them using UPS or FedEx. You can drive them using your vehicle.

When a legal alternative is available, I usually use that.

ADK Bigfoot

Is it legal to mail via USPS a tin of 100 #11 percussion caps "house to house?
Not technically. But if it was small enough that it could just be popped into a mailbox with no screening by a clerk, (anything hazardous, dangerous, etc.?) it would probably not even be noticed. Again, not technically OK.

worst case scenario's.
you mail a tin of caps. mail carrier despite being oh so tender with all mail in his possession as we know they all are, crushes the package somehow, causing a minor explosion.
1. you as the sender are instantly labeled a terrorist. cuba is nice i am told
2. you cause the mail carrier to crash his speedster. resulting in his death. death row is a dismal place to spend ones time when you could have used FedEX and helped rid us of those cretins.
3. it costs you a year in some federal country club and your kids college fund.

the Fed's don't take it lightly when we don't play by their rules. and catch us. always remember Murphy is alive and active.

Is it legal to mail via USPS a tin of 100 #11 percussion caps "house to house? No.
You can ship them using UPS or FedEx. You can drive them using your vehicle.

When a legal alternative is available, I usually use that.

ADK Bigfoot
Wrong all carriers Hazmat rules are the sam

worst case scenario's.
you mail a tin of caps. mail carrier despite being oh so tender with all mail in his possession as we know they all are, crushes the package somehow, causing a minor explosion.
1. you as the sender are instantly labeled a terrorist. cuba is nice i am told
2. you cause the mail carrier to crash his speedster. resulting in his death. death row is a dismal place to spend ones time when you could have used FedEX and helped rid us of those cretins.
3. it costs you a year in some federal country club and your kids college fund.

the Fed's don't take it lightly when we don't play by their rules. and catch us. always remember Murphy is alive and active.
Exactly, remember the Feds motto "we're not happy til you're not happy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back