• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Made some smoke 2021

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Haven't posted much last year or so what with the covid and all. Only thing keeping me sane is the hunting and snooping around in the mountains. Thought I would share a pic of my latest outing.
Taking my grandson out tomorrow since there is no school and 8" of fresh snow. Bucks are running good right now. I used my 54cal, 95gr powder and 435 conical.
IMG_20211117_100348718_HDR[2805].jpg

That is a nice deer. Man I would love to hunt in the snow. Don't have much here in south Tennessee. At least not until deer season is long gone.

We get lots of snow here, usually have to use snowmobile to get into where we hunt and sometimes even that isn't enough. One year, we had 38" of powder during the season and the machines just buried themselves. We average 80+ inches a year.

We get plenty of snow in Maine but still getting less and less snowfall each year and now is about half what we got 4 years ago. Winters are milder and summers are hotter now. Winter comes about 6 to 8 weeks later and ends about the same amount early. That is a magnificent buck by any measure.

Very nice deer. Actually a mighty fine deer. Congratulations!!
Snow is something I rarely see except in pictures. None here in my part of Georgia for the past three years.

Back