• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Made myself a revolver stand!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blueliner67

32 Cal
Reaction score
So I had some extra and left over wood sitting around, I decided to make myself a loading stand for the range. I have a reproduction Remington New Model Army, so I made the stand just for it. No plans, just winged it. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20221010_151121.jpg
    20221010_151121.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • 20221010_151111.jpg
    20221010_151111.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221010_151103.jpg
    20221010_151103.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221010_151054.jpg
    20221010_151054.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
So I had some extra and left over wood sitting around, I decided to make myself a loading stand for the range. I have a reproduction Remington New Model Army, so I made the stand just for it. No plans, just winged it. Any thoughts?
Shoot yeah,. that'll work fine. I really like the carry handle on the back idea I'm going to borrow from you ! :)

not a thing wrong with it! it came out great for winging it! I like it, who needs plans? and THE PRICE CAN'T BE BEAT!!

I didn't notice the carrying handle on the rear, nice ideation!!! never seen that before! I am going to put one on mine also! thanks' for the post.

Nice! You may want to cut a notch in the top where the muzzle rests to keep the revolver from tipping over while you're pouring in powder and ramming balls down. Or screw in a little block of wood on each side of the muzzle for support.
There is a notch in the upper block of wood. The front sight goes into the notch and holds the muzzle up.

Good. I saw an article in Muzzle Blasts about making such stands, and winged it with scrap pine sitting around the house. Also came out great. Glued padding on base and cradle for barrel, painted, etc., it's a satisfying craft project. Thanks. Have one for my Harper's Ferry flint and one for percussion single shot.

Clever using the tall front sight in a hole to keep the muzzle in place.

My revolver loading stand is made into the side of my range box and flips out after the top is opened. My single shot loading stands are made of scrap oak boards I had saved from recovered wood.
I'll post some pictures later to add to the idea pool.

Attachments

• IMG_2361.JPG
    IMG_2361.JPG
    273.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2362.JPG
    IMG_2362.JPG
    266.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2363.JPG
    IMG_2363.JPG
    252.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2364.JPG
    IMG_2364.JPG