• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Made Mocs today…

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My first good set of sideseam Mocs I made today. Another forum member suggested I might try my hand at leather work, so far I made a bag and these moccasins. I’m really proud of them. If anyone is thing of making them I watched this YouTube video here: .
533D8E32-E851-4724-88E4-5CA948229172.jpeg
A2D2D93C-03F3-4C0F-9DA7-31AE862E924F.jpeg
D19EC448-0EC7-4AA0-AD7B-0CAB56B0ECC3.jpeg

What leather did you use? From what source?
Buffalo hide splits. These are 4-6 oz. I got them here; Distant Drums. They call this color whiskey, but they have gold and simulated braintan and such. I sewn them together with simuated sinew with a double whip stich and put a welt in everything. It was pretty thick, I has to use an awl with my leather needle. Took me a couple days.

Have made and worn out several pairs of moccasins. Have always used deer skin for upper and mostly latigo (oil tanned leather) for soles as it is thicker and more flexible and keeps the moccasins from stretching as you wear them. Usually make Apache boots (high tops.) Once, met a young Fancy Dancer that so impressed by a pair that I was wearing that she asked if I could make a pair of. 'center seams' for her. I did. She told me, 'You do pretty good work for a white man.'

Latest posts

Back