Made meat today

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

nbogan

32 Cal
Reaction score
Finally connected with my Kibler SMR this morning. This season hasn't been the best i missed a nice buck on opening day then missed another doe a few days later. I was glad to finally see i can still shoot. She was with a group of 6 other does that came right through right a sunrise. Good way to start out the Thanksgiving break.
IMG_2143.jpg

TGJaeger

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations! Nice rifle and lots of good eats right there!

Brokennock

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Congratulations on a good deer, a nice rifle, and a beautiful hunt.

This season hasn't been the best i missed a nice buck on opening day then missed another doe a few days later
Sounds like a good season to me.
You're into the deer. Have had 3 opportunities and capitalized on the last one. So much has changed in the areas I usually hunt that I haven't even seen a deer, while hunting or on game cams, in over a month.

Do your state regs allow you to get back out there?

MittenJim

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Missing sucks but you got it done! Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Colterkid

40 Cal
Reaction score
Finally connected with my Kibler SMR this morning. This season hasn't been the best i missed a nice buck on opening day then missed another doe a few days later. I was glad to finally see i can still shoot. She was with a group of 6 other does that came right through right a sunrise. Good way to start out the Thanksgiving break.View attachment 106315
Nice job! What would be the caliber of your rifle?

nbogan

32 Cal
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Skychief and Colterkid its a 45 caliber. Yeah i am happy to be seeing that many deer I just get aggravated at myself for missing easy shots. Right now I have her boned out n the refrigerator and will probably finish packaging her up Sunday. Here in Indiana we still have a lot of time left so I plan to get out for another.

hanshi

Cannon
Reaction score
I'm glad you got your deer! And you did it with one really fine rifle/caliber. Congratulations.