• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD MACON 1842 Springfield by Armi-Sport

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
MACON 1842 Springfield by Armi-Sport That Has Been Defarbed.

It's a .69 Cal. smoothbore with a 30" barrel that's in very good condition and almost looks to be new.

It is approved by the N-SSA

$950 + Actual Shipping Cost To You

Macon-1A.jpg

Macon-2.jpg

Macon-3.jpg

Macon-4.jpg

Macon-5.jpg

Macon-6.jpg

Macon-7.jpg

Macon-8.jpg

Attachments

• Macon-1.jpg
    Macon-1.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
I normally don't respond in this sub forum but I have personally held this gun and handled it and it's as near to a new one as you'll find anywhere.

I am open to a trade of a Civil War weapon such as a LeMat or Parker-Hale P53 Enfield.
If someone want's to then let me know how you want to trade.

Last edited:
1.Whats the screw on the from barrel band for?
2. Is the front sight replaced with the correct brass blade? Not painted steel.
3. What is the tail of the lockplate stamped?
4. Who defarbed this musket? Is the cartouche the mark of John Zimmerman?
Thanks,
James

1.Whats the screw on the from barrel band for? To hold the front band in place
2. Is the front sight replaced with the correct brass blade? Not painted steel. It is polished steel - Not painted
3. What is the tail of the lockplate stamped? Springfield 1847
4. Who defarbed this musket? Is the cartouche the mark of John Zimmerman? It is marked that It was defarbed by John Zimmerman

" Oh just was looking. This is a two band musket. Whats the story with that? " This is a copy of the type that were repaired at Macon, GA by the Confederates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back