• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Lymans GPR in action shooting GLASS...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Entertaining and shows just how much the wind plays havoc with round balls.
Absolutely. I have shot my GPR out to 300 yards, and when it is windy - it gets really interesting - especially in our Texas gusty wind days. The wind here will blow 20-30 miles an hour with 50mph gusts for days at a time. One shot will be 3 feet to the right and the next 3 feet to the left. And shooting off hand in that wind too! I would call that PDG shooting!

What part of the loading process is unsafe?

Loading powder and having the rifle lay against the chest below the face.
Placing palm on top of the ramrod when ramming ball down the bore.

Sorry, but I was taught that you treated the rifle as if it would fire at any time. I saw a picture, (should have saved it) of a boy that had a ram rod entry scar on his forehead and the exit scar on the top of his head.

If you are going to write that I am excessively cautious and it is completely safe, remember what side of the safety discussion you are on.

Sorry, but I was taught that you treated the rifle as if it would fire at any time. I saw a picture, (should have saved it) of a boy that had a ram rod entry scar on his forehead and the exit scar on the top of his head.

If you are going to write that I am excessively cautious and it is completely safe, remember what side of the safety discussion you are on.
How is placing palm on top of the ramrod any different than using a ball starter? I see nothing that he is doing as unsafe.

I didn’t see anything unsafe either.

It was another fun muzzleloader video as usual. Keep up the good work Mark and I’ll keep watching.
Thanks...I will.
I'm going to film 2 more this week. Its finally nice and warm here in KY. Possibly try hitting window glass with a cap pistol out to 150 yards. For me, that will seem ( and probably be ) impossible to do. It will be fun trying it though...I'm also going to film more of my annual trekking video too. Thanks for watching them....

I asked.......

Thanks for your thoughts......have a blessed day.

Back