• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Lyman Zouve 58 cal.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RunningBear

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Been along since I,ve been here,I just Traded a Cva 45 cal Hawkins to a young man that wants to shoot at the Mountain man shoots around here,I line up a Lyman 58 cal Zouve rifled musket for him,but here likes the hawkins so we traded.This is my first Lyman or rifle musket.I just ordered a .562 RB mold,I know they shoot the minies great but I,ll be shooting and hunting with about 50 yrds or so.Any load info would help.

My Zouave is long gone but I fired lots of ball in it since minies took too much lead to cast. I got good results with a .562" patched ball and 60 to 80 grains of BP, usually 3F.

Been along since I,ve been here,I just Traded a Cva 45 cal Hawkins to a young man that wants to shoot at the Mountain man shoots around here,I line up a Lyman 58 cal Zouve rifled musket for him,but here likes the hawkins so we traded.This is my first Lyman or rifle musket.I just ordered a .562 RB mold,I know they shoot the minies great but I,ll be shooting and hunting with about 50 yrds or so.Any load info would help.
I’d guess that your zouave is a Zoli made rifle. You can search the forum for Antonio zoli zouave and you will get lots of hits. Lyman to my knowledge didn’t actually make them just as they don’t make their Lyman marked Great Plains rifles.

I’d guess that your zouave is a Zoli made rifle. You can search the forum for Antonio zoli zouave and you will get lots of hits. Lyman to my knowledge didn’t actually make them just as they don’t make their Lyman marked Great Plains rifles.

Thanks I got to shoot it today,it likes 80 grains 2f and a .562 ball patch combo.I got minnies maybe later.

Mine is a NA Buffalo hunter which is basically the same rifle with a shorter barrel. I have shot both PRB and Lee R.E.A.L. with it from 60-100 grains of powder. It likes 80 grains with a felt wad over the powder with either projectile.

Latest posts

Back