SOLD Lyman Trade rifle -Project rifle

Discussion in 'Firearms For Sale/Trade/Wanted' started by bptactical, Apr 17, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 17, 2019 #1

bptactical

bptactical

bptactical

Pilgrim

This is the 2cnd rifle of my original ad(sorry, missed the "1 item per post" rule)

Rifle # 2 is a Flintlock 50 caliber RH Lyman Trade rifle that is unfired and exhibits a bright breechplug and zero indicators of having been fired.
    NOTE-THIS IS A "PROJECT" RIFLE AND WILL NEED SOME COMPLETION, MAINLY WOOD FINISHING.
    When I bought it the cheekpiece and butt of the stock showed a few deep dings. I took the opportunity to trim a fair amount of the excess fat on the stock that Lyman is famous for.
    Cheekpiece has been re profiled to the earlier trapezoidal style more reminiscent of a Leman style rifle. Cheekpiece will need final profiling.
    Forearm has been slendered down and overall the lines are much more pleasing.
    Lock was about as smooth as dragging a piano across a railroad track.
    Tumbler has been bushed and sear relieved so it doesn't drag on the lockplate.
    Much better now.
    $250.00 shipped to lower 48

I will e mail or text pics to those interested (having a heck of a time trying to upload here.)

Thanks

2. Apr 17, 2019 #2

QuinnTheEskimo

QuinnTheEskimo

QuinnTheEskimo

36 Cl. MLF Supporter

I’ll take it for $250, I need a flintlock to get started with. PM me with an address and how you wish to be paid please.

3. Apr 17, 2019 #3

bptactical

bptactical

bptactical

Pilgrim

Rifle is Sold Pending Funds.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.