SOLD Lyman Signature Series Great Plains by Pedersoli

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeMan

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I might regret this but I’m gonna let this rifle go. It’s a beautiful rifle but it’s way too heavy for what I want to use it for with an old shoulder injury. 10+ pounds. This is a new Lyman Great Plains Signature Series by Pedersoli I bought a few months ago. 54 caliber with 1/66 twist. I’ve shot about 25 rounds out of it. I stripped the factory cheap wood finish when I got it and finished it in BLO. I replaced the touch hole liner with a RMC liner, and installed a Lyman globe sight. The lock is fast and sure fire. This gun is pretty much Pedersolis $1200 hawken with Lyman markings. Nothing from an original Lyman will fit this gun. It has a much bigger lock and trigger than a investarms Lyman. Fit, finish and inletting on this gun is the best I’ve seen Pedersoli do in a while. I’ll ship it in it’s original box.
$850 includes USPS priority shipping
and insurance.
PayPal preferred or USPS money order

Attachments

MtnMan

40 Cal
Reaction score
Have you weighed it? Lyman says it's 9.4 lbs for the .54.

I may be interested but not if it's over 10lbs. I'm 78 and that's getting a bit heavy. I know the Pedersoli Rocky Mountain is heavy but it has a 34.5" barrel.

TreeMan

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I’d say that 9.4 lbs is correct. I tried to weight it holding it on a bathroom scale. It came in right around 10lbs. Not the most precise scale for that.

MtnMan

40 Cal
Reaction score
I'm thinking about it. I really wanted a caplock because there never was a half stock Hawken flintlock but Lyman doesn't claim it's a Hawken but a plains rifle. So, well let that pass. I can't find any caps now anyway and i'm out.

BJCollings

32 Cal.
Reaction score
You still have the blade front sight for it. Can't use globe where I shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.