• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

LYMAN MUZZLELOADER RECALL

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Doodly was never very good at remembering things like serial numbers.
Come to think of it, about the only thing he was good at was remembering when dinner time was. :grin:

The Lyman serial numbers that are being recalled fall in this range:

serial number range of A595960-A599026

GoodCheer:

I don't know but it is likely that the serial numbers for the Investarms Hawkens series are different even if the barrels were produced at the same time as the GPR barrels but if the serial number, including the letter "A" is on the barrel, consider it suspect and call Lyman.

Received a nice package in the mail today from Lyman. They sent out a Black powder maintaining kit for the inconvenience of returning my barrel. Comes in a nice nylon case and has bottles of oil and bp solvent and a nice set of tools for cleaning and maintaining my rifles. A very nice kit. Shows how committed Lyman is to customers. Will do business with them again for sure.

wyflint said:
Received a nice package in the mail today from Lyman. They sent out a Black powder maintaining kit for the inconvenience of returning my barrel. Comes in a nice nylon case and has bottles of oil and bp solvent and a nice set of tools for cleaning and maintaining my rifles. A very nice kit. Shows how committed Lyman is to customers. Will do business with them again for sure.

What I like was the breech scrapper for the patented breech.

Received my .50 flint barrel replacement and have it on the stock ready to go....yeeeeh!!!!

I called about my new barrel issue, they said they will send a tube to send back the one they sent me and they will send me the correct one, I asked when, she said AUGUST. AUGUST! I tried to hide my anger explaining my season starts in October and my September is filled with elk hunting, leaving almost no time to break in/sight in my barrel. She said they would do there best to get it to me sooner. Unbelievable.

THBailey said:
Got mine today. The cleaning kit is quite nice, but I sent them in a .54 and got a .50 back. Gave them a call and a new return tube is on its way. Maybe one of these days...

Got my second barrel today, and they got it right this time, brand new .54 flinter. About a 30 day turn around from calling about getting the wrong barrel to the new one arriving. Could have been worse, I suppose. Time to head to the range!

I’m actually the guy that started this recall. I had a brand new Lyman deerstalker 50 that the breech actually separated from the barrel after shooting a couple shots. I still have the pics but I’m sure you guys have seen them by now as I posted them on other sites when it happened.

It was crazy

Patocazador said:
This is an image reported to be one of the failures:

E42E57B3-3589-4BFE-83D3-17EC70CC7E75-397456.JPG
Yep that’s me standing in my kitchen!

:hmm:

I sent mine in under the recall, it was from a Great Plains Kit, when they sent me my replacement barrel it came blued, which was not going to match my browned furniture on my rifle. I called them and asked about getting one in the white. They said that they had no idea what that meant. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with them they said they'd look and see what they could do. I didn't figure that they'd do much. About 2 hours later I received a phone call saying that they found one and they sent it to me. when it got here it didn't have the sights or the under rail for the ramrod, but they sent those as well once I asked. Those pieces got here without the screws to attach the rail to the barrel. It has been a frustratingly long process but the company has been good about finally getting done what needs to get done.

and that's a really scary picture!

Latest posts

Back