Lyman Muzzle loader rifles, Discontinued?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

KIt

32 Cal
Reaction score
Are Lyman rifles discontinued or are they just back ordered in the supply chain? Where can I get a Lyman Great Plains or Hawkin stule rife?😁 New or used?

Reaction score
Please do NOT take this as the gospel truth, but it is my somewhat 'educated understanding' that once Lyman's inventory of anything muzzleloading related is sold, they are done with muzzleloading.

I base this OPINION on multiple threads on various gun forums that involve folks calling Lyman for parts, product availability, backorders, etc (muzzleloading items ONLY!) and have been told the same thing. Once it's gone, it's gone.

Sad as I own a Trade Rifle marketed by them (Investarms built) and I like it a lot. I look at it as a sign of the times we live in.

Reaction score
Looking at Track of the Wolf (Percussion rifles), they have two listed, a .50 and a .54, both are noted as discontinued, so seems likely that they have gone by the wayside.

Gunny5821

Richard Turner
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I heard the same thing about Lyman discontinuing muzzleloaders from a contact at one of the big online companies that I'm a vendor for. So I called Lyman customer service last Thursday to see if they might have a left hand GPR left in stock or even a return and the rep checked and said that all the left hand kits as well as finished rifles were gone and there would be no more.

Reaction score
Strange to see GPRs going the way of "investment" or collectable type rifles. Word seems to be out and seen posted prices go up as much as 30% in just 2 months. Sorry i sold the NIB percussion .50 from my late buddies estate for just under $700. Will be holding off selling the rest of the pile till things stabilize.

Reaction score
I saw a new pedersoli GPR just last week. Nice but the price made me choke. Also on second glance the fit and finish seemed somewhat rushed. Its going to be interesting (if not painful) to watch what happens in the future on these given that just the parts to build a comparable custom is becoming absurd. Also some do not remember the last black powder craze began in parts when the 1968 gun laws went into place and was fueled by relatively low prices of BP firearms and components plus the Bi Centennial.

Reaction score
Are Lyman rifles discontinued or are they just back ordered in the supply chain? Where can I get a Lyman Great Plains or Hawkin stule rife?😁 New or used?

The Gun Works in Springfield, Oregon has them, and they ship!

Walt

Reaction score
I heard the same thing about Lyman discontinuing muzzleloaders from a contact at one of the big online companies that I'm a vendor for. So I called Lyman customer service last Thursday to see if they might have a left hand GPR left in stock or even a return and the rep checked and said that all the left hand kits as well as finished rifles were gone and there would be no more.

My buddy has a used one in his Gun Shop. Not sure how much: 541-459-3997. He'll ship also.

Walt

Gunny5821

Richard Turner
MLF Supporter
Reaction score

My buddy has a used one in his Gun Shop. Not sure how much: 541-459-3997. He'll ship also.

Walt
Thanks! I posted this on June 25 in another topic about the Lyman GPRs.

About 6 weeks ago, Midway USA blew out their remaining stock of the Lyman/Pedersoli Signature Series GPR, and they are now discontinued on their site. Sale price on a flint kit was $480 and finished guns were under $600. Left hand in .50 caliber was a little less than $585. All listings are marked as discontinued. I check their site often, but I hate that I missed out on one of the kits.

Reaction score
Whats nice about Gun Works is they usually have 4 or 5 out on rack so you can pick one if you go there. Not sure how many are left right now. Also saw catalog prices are higher than last time i was there.

Reaction score

About 6 weeks ago, Midway USA blew out their remaining stock of the Lyman/Pedersoli Signature Series GPR, and they are now discontinued on their site. Sale price on a flint kit was $480 and finished guns were under $600. Left hand in .50 caliber was a little less than $585. All listings are marked as discontinued. I check their site often, but I hate that I missed out on one of the kits.
Sorry, I forgot to mention these are Investarm GPRs.

Walt

sturmkatze

32 Cal.
Reaction score

Wow, sad. If have tried to get one as they were pretty. Guess I'll just refinish my 1979 GP. Still, the pedersolis were nice

Reaction score
Wow, sad. If have tried to get one as they were pretty. Guess I'll just refinish my 1979 GP. Still, the pedersolis were nice

As far as I know, Pedersoli still has their Hawken models available. I've been told that they're pretty nice as well. Especially the ones with the maple stocks.

Walt

sturmkatze

32 Cal.
Reaction score
As far as I know, Pedersoli still has their Hawken models available. I've been told that they're pretty nice as well. Especially the ones with the maple stocks.

Walt
I have boat insurance due and a Brown Bess being worked on. I have enough guns

KIt

32 Cal
Reaction score
Maybe its time to support Jim Kibler. His rifles are all made in the US and of high quality. Now that all of the European manufacturers are raising their prices, Kibler appears to be a good deal! I just hope he will come out soon with a Hawking, 50 cal flintlock!

Walt
Thanks!:cool: