• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman Great Plains Rifle Issues

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should also try working the lock without the trigger assembly installed. Go to half cock, then full cock. If all is secure, push the sear with a stick to check that the lock is functioning as it should. Eliminate the problems one at a time.

I just checked mine and there is only one click when the rear trigger is set. The screw that the yellow arrow points to does what VAN shows in the picture above. As he said, turning it in, CW, takes some pressure off the heel of the rear trigger. If I understand the mechanics correctly, the rear trigger's blade should not be able to touch the sear arm unless the front trigger is pulled and held rearward. Otherwise the gun could be fired by the rear trigger alone.

OK, can't get the picture to load, but it is the buggered screw right behind the rear trigger, looking from the trigger guard side of the trigger plate.

I think the picture you show of the state of the triggers at the ' 1 click ' position is the correct state at rest, so whatever is allowing the rear trigger blade to move past that position, the 'click' - that is the problem. I see marks by the front trigger spring, maybe it is not doing it's job correctly?

Back