• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD SOLD Lyman Great Plains Rifle 50 caliber $500

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
SOLD: Selling my Lyman Great Plains Rifle, 50 caliber, percussion, 1:60 twist, 32" barrel, LOA = approx 50", weight = approx 9.7 pounds, browned barrel and furniture, clean and shiny bore, some nice figure in the wood (doesn't show too well in the pics), that's a shadow from my head on the stock in the first picture. Pewter-like nose cap. PRICE DROP: $500 including shipping. Hate to sell but I have to clean out my safe. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0213.JPG
IMG_0204.JPG
IMG_0205.JPG
IMG_0206.JPG
IMG_0207.JPG
IMG_0208.JPG
IMG_0209.JPG
IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0211.JPG

Last edited:
These are great rifles and the OP is offering someone a very good deal. Quite probably the closest replica to the actual Hawkens rifles you can buy today on the cheap. A custom-built Hawken replica STARTS at about $2,000. these days and goes up from there! These are great for new muzzleloading folks too because the percussion cap versions shoot so well right out of the box. The flintlock versions are nice too but mine needed some tuning to ignite reliably so newbie's should probably stick to the percussion versions IMHO.

Hello—

I’m new to the group and can’t figure out how to send a PM. I’m interested in your GPR. Please PM me to discuss it.

Thanks

Hey, I'm sorry I just sold it and haven't had time to mark the ad "sold". To start a PM just click on their avatar (the green T in my case) and then click on "start a conversation". I'll update my ad right now. Good luck in your search for a GPR, they are excellent.

That’s a nice rifle, somone got a deal there. Can you tell us more about that nosecap? Is it poured pewter or is it the issued cap with a silvery finish?

It's the original with the finish removed. I used a wire brush and then emery paper for it and the thimble. Thanks for the compliment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back