• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Lyman Great Plains 54 cal.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Like new Lyman Great Plains rifle, 54 cal. This gun has been fired only a handful of times. Mechanically perfect. Bore is bright and shiny. Browning is excellent. Stock has one or two minor scratches.
Barrel - 32". Overall length - 49". A Lyman 54 cal. round ball mould is included. This is a really nice rifle.
$500.00. Buyer pays shipping. SOLD

Attachments

• ly1.JPG
    ly1.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 5
  • ly2.JPG
    ly2.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 0
  • ly3.JPG
    ly3.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 0
  • ly4.JPG
    ly4.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ly6.JPG
    ly6.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 0
  • ly7.JPG
    ly7.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 0
  • ly8.JPG
    ly8.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0242.JPG
    IMG_0242.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Fiddleback walnut guys. Lyman used to use good wood in the older days.
I don’t see a date code on this one, so wonder when they had better wood? Mine is from the mid-eighties, and although it has a beautiful stock, I do not believe it is striped like this one. Or, if it is, it wasn’t stained to show it off.

Never seen one with a stock that nice! That's purdy!
I have one that has 'good" wood too. it is also an "older" orig lyman one. The orig lyman ones seemed to have decent wood, at least better than the new ones i've have seen. I have the Gemmer too, and it is OK, but won't win any prizes!

Attachments

• GPR 2.jpg
    GPR 2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • GPR 6.jpg
    GPR 6.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • ML stock 8.jpg
    ML stock 8.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • ML Stock.jpg
    ML Stock.jpg