• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

LYMAN GPR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonewolf5347

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Question would anyone know if a Knight Red Hot Nipple 6x75mm will fit a lyman GPR ?Would like to upgrade from a stock nipple that comes with the gun.
I hope there is a aftermarket company that make a nipple to fit,seem I was reading that a HOT SHOT NIPPLE with the same tread says it will not fit lyman.Am I missing something
I would think all 6x.75mm thread would fit but I could be wrong
confused.gif

Although Dixie has had mis-prints they say the 6mm x.75 thread is the correct size for the GPR. They then cross-reference nipple (Dixie)# NP1110.
Going to the nipple section I find the NP1110 is a "HotShot" nipple listed as a "6-.7mm threads to fit most Italian made reproduction rifles;Lyman Plains rifle as well as EOA Magnum Cape gun."
The only other 6mm thread they list is the 6-1 (course pitch) for the CVA guns.

I say the "-.7mm" and the "x .75" is a typographical error because the standard metric standard for the fine thread series is 6-.75.

If there were any reason for a rifle nipple not working it would be because the length might be too long. If that is a problem just file the new nipple to shorten it so it matches the one which came with the gun.
edit: I have no idea what a Knight nipple is but aas that company is in to inlines it may be a totally different critter.

Hey guys BOB from thunder ridge set me up with the correct nipple for the GPR.
I did place a order over the internet and when it arrived the nipples threads fit the gun ,but the taper was again too long.I have to say he bent over back-wards trying to help after I did send him a picture letting him see the difference between the stock nipple and the replacement nipple he sold me.
He did forward me some new nipples that are perfect . ::

Lonewolf: Any idea who made the nipples that fit like they should and are there any part numbers on the packaging they came in?
Might be good for someone to to know so if they order some nipples they will not have go thru the problems you went thru.

The part no# 5006S from thunder ridge there phone no# 719 687-6510 ask for Bob HOPE THIS HELPS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Lonewolf: Thanks fer the help and the part number for the Nipple.

"...ask for Bob HOPE..." Ain't he dead?

Wal, dead or not as long as he's a helpin us with our smokepoles who can complain Ah says!

Thanks agin. :)

Sigh.... I teach high school... if I said, "Man these nipples are a perfect fit..." you can bet I'd hear about it. I'd probably get a good ear-whuppin' from my principal, too!

-Skull

Keep yer stick on the ice.

You also don't want to use the term "Nipple Prick" although to anyone who knows what your talking about it's a harmless description (no matter what my wife says).

"Thumbing your Cock" should also be avoided. Especially in front of the class.

Back