• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Lyman GPR screw size help needed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsai52

32 Cal
Reaction score
I just picked up a 54 caliber Lyman GPR "project", and I need some help with the size of the front through tang bolt. If anyone knows the size, please let me know.

Best regards,

The screw on my 1985 proofed GPR has a #10-32 UNF thread. It measures 1.695 from the top of the semi-domed head or about 1.650 from the place where the angular surface of the cone meets the outside of the head. (This would be about the length of the screw if it was a flathead screw.)

The thread length is about .425 long.

Thanks all,

The bolt I was looking for the size of was #11a in the parts diagram Boomerang posted. I determined that it's a M5 size, and I was able to pick one up at my local hardware store. Just had to cut it to length and trim the head diameter down a bit to fit flush in the tang.

Best regards,

Dixon's Muzzleloading Shop in Kempton, PA., is an authorized factory repair/warranty shop for Lyman rifles; give them a call, they know it all! Most ML guys are aware of their annual July muzzleloading fair, last full weekend in July.

Back