• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Lyman GPR 54 Caliber Percussion Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have the below Lyman GPR 54 caliber percussion rifle for sale. This rifle needs the wood refinished and the metal blued. There is an old crack in the bottom of the butt stock that has been repaired and is shown in the pictures. The bore is fairly good with some "very light" signs of past minor pitting. There is also an old crack along the tang area that is shown in the pictures. A small piece of wood is missing where someone had apparently mounted a tang sight at some point. The pictures will give the best description. Please ask if you need additional pictures or information. Refinishing this rifle should result in a fine rifle.

I am asking $400 which includes shipping through the USPS to normal areas. Sorry, but their shipping prices have gone extremely high. I take USPS Money Orders as payment or I can take a credit/debit card with the 3.5% fee they charge me.

The only trades that would interest me are Thompson Center Renegades in 50 caliber.

IMG_0702.JPG
IMG_0703.JPG
IMG_0704.JPG
IMG_0705.JPG
IMG_0706.JPG
IMG_0707.JPG
IMG_0708.JPG
IMG_0709.JPG
IMG_0710.JPG

Last edited:
this will make someone a good hunting rifle
already beat up a little bit so the worry of keeping it pretty isn't there

good luck on this sale, and hold firm on your price even if you have to wait a little extra for someone to take it

Snooterpup, answered your PM.

Thanks ryoung14, I try to show everything in clear detail.

Cynthiaee, I agree. I have to hold firm on the price. I just mailed one of these yesterday and it cost me $20 for the box and $87 for shipping.

I wouldn’t touch a thing about the finish and that gun! It looks worn perfectly just the way it is.
Yes!, I agree and as the new owner rest assured I will keep it looking like a surviving example of an circa 1830-1840 rifle. I know, not exactly like a real Hawken, but good enough for this guy.
(I may fill in the notch for the added missing sight with matching walnut, nothing else.)

Back