• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Lyman Deerstalker flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dogfood

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I am relocating for work so I'm thinning the herd of my less frequently used guys. This one in particular has been sitting in the safe for a few years and I've never gotten around to using it.
Like new condition and unfired
.50 cal
24" bbl
1:48"
fiber optic sights
Handles well and points intuitively.
Asking $400 OBO
Thanks for your interest,
Ken
DS bbl.jpg
DS left.jpg
DS right.jpg
DS tang.jpg

Here's its write-up from TotW:

The Lyman Deerstalker right hand flintlock rifle is stocked in walnut with a factory installed rubber recoil pad and sling swivel mounts. The black oxide finished furniture includes a single trigger with large bow for a hunter's gloved finger. The 24" octagon barrel is fitted with factory installed Lyman fiber optic sights and served with a black synthetic ramrod.

Weighing in at just under 8 pounds the rifle has a trigger reach of 14-1/4" making it well suited for today's average size shooter. The Lyman Deer Stalker is rifled with a 1 turn in 48" twist, to allow the choice of round balls, Maxi bullets, or Minie bullets.The walnut stock is fitted with a black rubber recoil pad, ideal for this handy rifle. The stock is shaped with an oval cheek piece for a right hand shooter. The lock plate and flint cock are color case hardened to mottled grays, blues, and purples. The breech is fitted with a stainless steel vent hole liner. The barrel was fitted with Lyman's red fiber optic front sight and green fiber optic adjustable rear sight for easy sighting in the field. The 3/8" ramrod is a sturdy flexible delrin material with a blued steel tip with 10-32 threads for loading and cleaning accessories. Sling swivel mounts have been fitted to the rifle. The rear swivel stud is mounted to the toe of the buttstock. The forward swivel stud is mounted to the middle ramrod pipe. Add your own quick disconnect swivels and you can carry this handy rifle all day.

The hooked breech allows the barrel to be easily dismounted for cleaning without risk of wetting the stock with water containing black powder residue. To dismount the barrel, put the lock on half cock, close the frizzen, withdraw the ramrod, drift the key past the underlug, and the barrel can be lifted from the barrel channel for ease of cleaning. Place the breech end of the barrel in a bucket of soapy water. Run a wet patch down and up the bore, the pumping action will flush all the fouling from the barrel. Once the bore is clean, run a dry patch down the bore to pick up any moisture followed by a oily patch. Dry and oil the exterior then reassemble the rifle.

Edit: House household goods finally arrived after 6 months. In transit it sustained a superficial scuff of one in by a quart inch to the right side of the stockabout just past the wedge pin.

I was mistaken, it's just behind the wedge pin on the right. Please see pic.
Sorry for the multi-post, Mods. Can't figure out how to edit the original post.

Attachments

• IMG_20200710_190920.jpg
    IMG_20200710_190920.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back