• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman current quality?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

good ole boy

40 Cal.
Reaction score
How has Lyman,s quality control and customer service been this year?We have heard all of the horror stories on quality and fit and finish the last several years and I was wonderin if they got their act together yet?I took a quick glance at a DeerStalker the other day and from what I could see it looked nice except for a deep inletted tang and etchutchens.

I believe Lyman's guns are made by someone else.

They are made by Investarms of Italy, except for one limited model I think is made by Pedersoli.
The Investarms and Pedersoli factories are just a couple miles from each other.

this year ive bought a deerstalker .54 and a great plains hunter .54 my second deerstalker by the way. both of these i had to sand the barrel channel to relieve some wood as stated the triggers were inletted way to far on both the gpr stock was so tight i took to a gunsmith to let him relieve the channel im prone to mess things up accuracy wise great. I cannot stand the modern fiber optic sights they put on the deerstalker they are ugly as sin!!!

Back