• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Lyman Black Powder Revolver....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa woods roamer

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy one. It is a little bit on the crusty side but I think it will clean up ok. Any Info on them, good or bad ???

Lyman's revolver line was the normal Italian makes with their logo stamped on the gun. Don't recall which it was Pietta or Uberti who made them. Should be on the markings stamped on the gun. All I saw through the years was equal to any of the other Italian imports.

I have an 1858 Remington in .36 caliber which was sold under the Lyman brand in 1972. It was made by Uberti. It has been trouble free, shoots accurately without any modification. I've been very pleased with it,

Spence

if it's an older model it could also be made by armi san marco.

Seems to lock up tight with no play In the cylinder. there Is some Rust In the Barrel.and has the ring mark around the Cylnder. any idea as to the worth Of It ???

Early Lyman percussion revolvers were made by Uberti. Uberti made Lyman's should have a Uberti logo (Octagon with a ' U ' inside) stamped on the barrel or frame.

I think most of the Lyman revolvers were made by Armi San Paolo. Look for the mark ' DGG ', probably marked under the barrel. Often the ' DGG ' will be enclosed in a circle.

Many years ago I had a Uberti made Lyman Remington .36 that was very well made and shot very well. Even the flat on the loading lever had an assembly number on it. Excellent fit, finish and function.

Not sure if Lyman specified a higher quality from Armi San Paolo than ASP's standard production guns. Lyman/Armi San Paolo's seem nicely made and perform well but I have never shot one particular Lyman/Armi San Paolo revolver a lot.

The following forum article has information on maker marks and date codes:
http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/236956/

Determining value without pictures is difficult... around $100 based on your statements of the revolver being crusty and having some rust in the bore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back