• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman #575602 Bullet Mold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yippie, there's a 575602 on the way. The plug is missing but the plugs from the other older Lyman minies can be swapped around from one set of blocks to the other so I will see which plug(s) will work with this one.
:)

Being a 400gr bullet it has a deep cavity and thin skirt. I'm not sure if the base plug would be interchangeable and keep it at the same weight but that might not matter.

:thumbsup: A bit of experimenting is the best way to figure it out and have fun.

Larry

Yeah, each plug that fits is gonna produce a different weight, length, a different bullet.

Hmm, what kinds twist might a flat base need?
:hmm:

nkbj, did you ever come up with any satisfactory rifle/mold/plug combinations? I just bought this and another .575 mold. Mine is also missing the plug.

Does yours have the hole diameter to fit another plug you have on hand?
Reason I ask is Lyman changed around the plug hole diameters a couple of times.

I never have shot bullets made by swapping out all of the other Lyman plugs.
That P53 in the rack is feeling neglected.

Unfortunately, I don't have any Lyman base plugs of any size. I've never cast minies before. (!) I do have a four cavity Shiloh mold that has its plugs, and I'll probably cast a few this fall just to take a few steps along the learning curve.

Latest posts

Back