• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Lyman 54 Reduced Finally Price

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a Lyman GPR 54 I got an decided I don't need it's unfired and the fella I got it from said his friend built it for him from a kit and he never got around to shooting and the finish on the rifle he wasn't sure what it is. It has a few dings on the stock but otherwise it is Excellent. Asking $550 NOW $500 + shipping I accept PP F&F or USPS Money Order....Thanks for Looking Terry

Attachments

• 20220322_112519.jpg
    20220322_112519.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 388
  • 20220316_111314.jpg
    20220316_111314.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 394
  • 20220316_111609.jpg
    20220316_111609.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 386
  • 20220316_111613.jpg
    20220316_111613.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 387
  • 20220316_111620.jpg
    20220316_111620.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 380
  • 20220316_111742.jpg
    20220316_111742.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
I forgot to put the barrel length 32 1/2" from muzzle to center of the nipple and a friend told me how to measure the twist rate and what I got was 1:60 which is what the Dixie Gun Works catalog says it should be.

Last edited:
Look, Bowhunter, no one else here will tell you so i will. The wedges are in from the wrong side and the wood work looks kind of rough. Also the metal bushing around the lock screw is missing. What I can see of the metal looks good, but there may be surprises. Anyone here who bought it would probably want to put another stock on it.

At $500 I don't think it'll sell. Try $350. BTW, having two 54 GPRS already, I'm not interested.

Thanks I'll take your advice under consideration I thought someone would make a reasonable offer on it as it's never been fired and I've seen used rifles almost as high priced here. As far as the wedges being on the wrong side what difference does it make which side their put in from their for holding the barrel to the stock and their doing that nicely?

Last edited:
I am selling a chrome lined cabelas in .54 at about same cost, its investarms barrel as is yours and no bites in over a month so we both may be asking too much? mine is pristine. Try $400? folks like that Lyman name better and mine is 1-48, yers a much better rb shooter!

FYI. One other thing to look at you probably didn't see and should know of. It looks like who ever sanded the stock left the escutcheons for the barrel wedges in the stock when they sanded it. Three of the escutcheons have been sanded down to the point where the screw heads are sanded flat. Screw head slots are gone or almost gone. Must have used a power sander. Be a bear to get the screws out and replacement escutcheons and screws would now stick out far more than they should from the stock.
Yes Sir I noticed that after I had bought it, I had planned on hunting with it so it didn't concern me much but I picked up a 54 express rifle and decided to sell this one but I get your point on someone wanting to make it right.

Eric thank you as far as I'm concerned if they don't like my price they don't have to buy it, I don't mind a little helpful advice, I bought the rifle already built and didn't see a problem with it as a hunting rifle but evidently it really bothers some people.
Welcome to the "new" classifieds! Eric is correct, anyone with basic wood working skills can make this rifle their own. Nice rifle by the way!

Why do you guys think you have the right to bash this guys ad? His first price was a fair one, anybody with any gun building skills could make this into a mighty fine rifle in one day.
Agree 100%, and thanks for saying what needed to be said. If you're not buying and just have to make a comment to the seller, that's what the PM is for. Certainly makes me leery about listing anything here.

Look, Bowhunter, no one else here will tell you so i will. The wedges are in from the wrong side and the wood work looks kind of rough. Also the metal bushing around the lock screw is missing. What I can see of the metal looks good, but there may be surprises. Anyone here who bought it would probably want to put another stock on it.

At $500 I don't think it'll sell. Try $350. BTW, having two 54 GPRS already, I'm not interested.

IMO, this sort of response to a F/S ad is best handled via private messages ILO of publicly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back