• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE Lyman 50cal maxi-ball mould blocks***REDUCED***

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba.50

Barefoot Hillbilly
Reaction score
Nice set of blocks. Cavity excellent.

$55.00 shipped.

Attachments

• 10747856-C669-41EB-94D4-F2F23A22D790.jpeg
    10747856-C669-41EB-94D4-F2F23A22D790.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 1D223CA8-FF74-47C8-8019-F6FD425AF0D5.jpeg
    1D223CA8-FF74-47C8-8019-F6FD425AF0D5.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 5DA17C95-8C23-4DAD-9AD0-FDDB372BDC6C.jpeg
    5DA17C95-8C23-4DAD-9AD0-FDDB372BDC6C.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 80
Will send both sets of blocks I have listed for. $83.40

No longer an option

Last edited:
Whoever needs this obviously hasn't seen it yet so, let's ride the pine one more time to give them a chance. If no takers this time it'll just ride off into the sunset.

First off, not to sound paranoid or anything but, you've been here nearly a year and got 3 posts. 2 when you introduced yourself and now this one. So, how am I to know you're not one'a the scammers we been dealing with lately?

Well, I guess you don't know, other than my word.

I was on Frontier Muzzle Loading for some years, and I did not even know about this sight, so Angie linked me up with this one and I had to reset everything on Frontier for whatever reason last year, I think it was my username. I only have like 8 or 9 posts over there. I don't post much unless I have something to say. I am on multiple woodworking and gun forums and have been for way over a decade in some cases and I don't have a hundred posts on everything combined I don't think. I have never bought anything from the folks from any forum, every time I found something I wanted it was gone in no time. I have no idea how to execute a buy on a forum.

I have a little bit of apprehension too here, This mould does not come with handles (according to the pictures), I have Lee handles on my other moulds (round ball, 320 REAL, 250 REAL, and Minie ball), so I am taking a chance my handles will fit this mould or I can make them fit and if not I have to go buy some for $100 or whatever if I can find them, or just be out $40-$50 because I don't have any Lyman mould handles. But I figured it was worth a shot because I have looked for a 50 cal maxi ball several times and can't find one for anything that resembles a good price anywhere, and they are not all that easy to find. I have been making my own bullets since 1994 and they shoot ok, but since I tried the maxi ball, which I bought several boxes of for almost a dollar a bullet because I hunt and it shoots the best out of my T\C Hawken

First off, not to sound paranoid or anything but, you've been here nearly a year and got 3 posts. 2 when you introduced yourself and now this one. So, how am I to know you're not one'a the scammers we been dealing with lately?

Well for one thing he's talking about buying, not selling to you...,
ALL of the scammer have masqueraded as sellers so far.

Next, he's been here for more than a year. All of the scammers so far have joined and attempted to "hit" in a month or less.

It would be up to you the seller to arrange for a method of payment that would ensure you got your funds before you shipped. This is why a USPS Money Order is a good idea. It protects the seller since it will "clear" the bank and then the seller should ship, AND it protects the buyer as unlike a personal check, there is no bank routing and account number on a USPS Money Order as there is on the personal check. The money order must be deposited in an account, and if the seller does this and then fails to ship, the US Postal Inspection Service can try to trace the seller by getting bank records for the account where the money order was deposited.

Some of the electronic payment services protect the buyer, buy holding the funds in the seller's online account until the buyer authorizes a funds release because the item arrived and was as described. This makes it convenient for sellers in remote areas or who for other reasons cannot make a trip very often to an actual bank as must be done with USPS Money Orders. (Some banks do allow photos of checks and MO's to be electronically deposited)

None of this eliminates risk, but it does mitigate it somewhat.

LD

Well for one thing he's talking about buying, not selling to you...,
ALL of the scammer have masqueraded as sellers so far.

Next, he's been here for more than a year. All of the scammers so far have joined and attempted to "hit" in a month or less.

It would be up to you the seller to arrange for a method of payment that would ensure you got your funds before you shipped. This is why a USPS Money Order is a good idea. It protects the seller since it will "clear" the bank and then the seller should ship, AND it protects the buyer as unlike a personal check, there is no bank routing and account number on a USPS Money Order as there is on the personal check. The money order must be deposited in an account, and if the seller does this and then fails to ship, the US Postal Inspection Service can try to trace the seller by getting bank records for the account where the money order was deposited.

Some of the electronic payment services protect the buyer, buy holding the funds in the seller's online account until the buyer authorizes a funds release because the item arrived and was as described. This makes it convenient for sellers in remote areas or who for other reasons cannot make a trip very often to an actual bank as must be done with USPS Money Orders. (Some banks do allow photos of checks and MO's to be electronically deposited)

None of this eliminates risk, but it does mitigate it somewhat.

LD

Whole lot of electrons needlessly gave their lives for this message when all he had/has to do was give me a short response either here or by PM but thanks for your concern.

That's one of the biggest problems with this site. Too damn many long-nosed respected mods. And if ya notice, I put this out in the open too.

Well, I guess you don't know, other than my word.

I was on Frontier Muzzle Loading for some years, and I did not even know about this sight, so Angie linked me up with this one and I had to reset everything on Frontier for whatever reason last year, I think it was my username. I only have like 8 or 9 posts over there. I don't post much unless I have something to say. I am on multiple woodworking and gun forums and have been for way over a decade in some cases and I don't have a hundred posts on everything combined I don't think. I have never bought anything from the folks from any forum, every time I found something I wanted it was gone in no time. I have no idea how to execute a buy on a forum.

I have a little bit of apprehension too here, This mould does not come with handles (according to the pictures), I have Lee handles on my other moulds (round ball, 320 REAL, 250 REAL, and Minie ball), so I am taking a chance my handles will fit this mould or I can make them fit and if not I have to go buy some for $100 or whatever if I can find them, or just be out $40-$50 because I don't have any Lyman mould handles. But I figured it was worth a shot because I have looked for a 50 cal maxi ball several times and can't find one for anything that resembles a good price anywhere, and they are not all that easy to find. I have been making my own bullets since 1994 and they shoot ok, but since I tried the maxi ball, which I bought several boxes of for almost a dollar a bullet because I hunt and it shoots the best out of my T\C Hawken

Thanks for the reply. No, these blocks don't have handles. If you have Lee moulds that are not permanently attached to the blocks it shouldn't be too hard to make them work. If not I'm sure you could find a used set for far less than 100 bucks.

My sign-in quit working on Frontier site too. didn't bother to re-sign up because I didn't like it much anyway.

Any how, if you want to take a chance on them send me a PM & we'll work it out. Hasn't been anybody beatin' my door down wanting them so, if you want to look around for a set of handles first that's okay too.

Back