• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lucky Find Today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbw907

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I was at the local flea market today and stumbled across a set of carving chisels that someone was selling as a last minute sale before going home. I looked at them and almost passed them up. They all looked old, the handles seldom matched, but they were all sharp and I could tell that whoever once had them really used them and took care of them. There were 24 in all. Some were marked J.B.Addis and sons, some were S.J.Addis, Buck Bros, and Ward. The seller wanted $65 for them, but I talked him down to $45. When I got home,I nearly fell out when I found out how old they were! I feel like they need to continue to be used and that is what I am going to do with them. No telling how many projects that they have been used on, but one thing I can say for sure, They all seem to have a personality of their own and I am very honored to continue their use and upkeep.I do love the flea markets and yard sales! I would post a picture, but all of the techno-literate folks in the house are not home and I am limited on my posting skills. Just thought I'd pass the names along and see what folks had to say about them.

Addis' would probably go for $65 a piece!! If they're old Buck Bros they're ok; ain't sure about the wards.You robbed that guy, man! :rotf: :thumbsup:

The Buck bros. chisels are the originals. I think that there are only two of them in the lot, but they were before the name got sold. I have a modern set of Buck brothers and they are nothing like the two that were in the set.I hear that the modern ones cannot compare, and now I know why. Thanks for the feedback. I am glad that I did not pass them up.

Wipe that big grin off yer face, and quit braggin! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Lucky feller, ya better buy a lottery ticket.

Bill

Back