• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Lubing Lee REALs-what am I doing wrong?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use
Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube when not just spit patching,
i bought 3 tins. one i scooped 1/4 out put in a small square tin i heat over a alcohol lamp with a tiny screen wastebasket inverted over it. it liquifies perfect and i stage the reals and my minie's in ranks after it melts. can do 15 at a time.
pull them out with frocepts and set on a plate.
when it is in the 90's i had to add 1/4 bees wax to harden some. works for me.
my reals are 54
low left is patched rb. five shot group 25 yards off hand. it was a very good day!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 20210514_095718.jpg
    20210514_095718.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 38
i use
Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube when not just spit patching,
i bought 3 tins. one i scooped 1/4 out put in a small square tin i heat over a alcohol lamp with a tiny screen wastebasket inverted over it. it liquifies perfect and i stage the reals and my minie's in ranks after it melts. can do 15 at a time.
pull them out with frocepts and set on a plate.
when it is in the 90's i had to add 1/4 bees wax to harden some. works for me.
my reals are 54
low left is patched rb. five shot group 25 yards off hand. it was a very good day!!!!!!!!!!!

I have used Frontiers Anti Rust and Patch Lube as well, I use it as a Lube for Reloading as well, it is a VERY GOOD product đź‘Ť

When at the range, I have a piece of waxed paper with me, a large piece, just folding it will keep it small. I put down a tab of Bore Butter and roll the REAL's in it before putting it down the barrel and have not had a problem. The only bad thing is I have to bring a cooler to contain the Bore Butter or it melts on a hot day.

That said, I just got some lubed wads and that worked great on my .45 caliber the other day. I will be using them on my .54 that takes the REAL bullets soon.

The Doc is out now. :cool:

After many years of casting and shooting for target and productive hunting, the best thing I have found to do with REAL's,,
Is throw them back in the pot and cast round ball instead.
It's simple, the Rifling, Engaged, At, Loading, projectile has never really worked well. They are all dimension-ally too small for caliber to function as intended for most current production rifles.
If you want/need heavy hitters for caliber or long range, the REAL is not the best choice.
You will waste time with disappointment and money, trying to get them to function in an accurate and consistent manner.
Good luck friend,,
Gee Necchi, I have used the 250-grain REAL bullets in my 0.50 cal. T/C Hawken and 0.50 cal. Lyman Great Plains Rifle for years and found them to be very accurate and deadly on deer out to 100 yards. That's just my experience.

Dan

Back