• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Lubed fiber wad containers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How many yall have access to " Dip tobacco" containers, weather yours or others? I find they conviently carry 10 packs of olive oil lubed 20 gaugefiber wads, the .50 inchers.

Attachments

• 20200925_210836.jpg
    20200925_210836.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 20200925_210924.jpg
    20200925_210924.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 20200925_211306.jpg
    20200925_211306.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 101
I use them all the time, I can pack in a bunch of the 15vs wads for my h&a underhammer. I made some leather wads from a old little league glove I'd like to try out, I can get about 30-40 in the cope can.
there a little slow opening ever since a crushed my had in a accident, I used to open a can with one hand.

I hope you found them grizzly cans lol.

Dont dip personally, I keep marboro in business tho, lol. Sorry to hear about hand, but if you like rest of us, you can prolly load with your toes if need be...
Lol yea, I just need to find a bag that works for me. Wish I had the money for a nice Fowler bag. The hands mostly fine, lost the dexterity, kinda they should not have reatched the finger tho.

what do you lube your wads with. I'm hoping to get a bear this year, I think the chew came maybe nice for some bear grease or some other patch lube.

I can fit a few jags and pullers in the fans to, I've used it for different bird shot. I normally carry #6 in a basic pouch I made but it's nice to have some #4-#5 if needed.

I don't dip but I am a pipe smoker and save all the tins. They come in all sorts of sizes and close up pretty tight but are easy to open. Percussion cap tins are a pain to open, at least with my big old fingers. I store lubed felt wads for revolvers and lubed patch material in them. If I ever get around to making a colonial era fishing outfit, it would fit easily into one of the larger tins.

For fun, I should make up a list of how my tobacco tins can be used with black powder shooting.

Jeff

I don't dip but I am a pipe smoker and save all the tins. They come in all sorts of sizes and close up pretty tight but are easy to open. Percussion cap tins are a pain to open, at least with my big old fingers. I store lubed felt wads for revolvers and lubed patch material in them. If I ever get around to making a colonial era fishing outfit, it would fit easily into one of the larger tins.

For fun, I should make up a list of how my tobacco tins can be used with black powder shooting.

Jeff
LOL, that brings back old memories. I watched my uncle open a flip top Prince Albert tin, pour and roll a cig on horseback and not lose a single shard of 'backy.

Jeff
I use pipe tins as a holder for my flint & steel sets that I sell at gatherings. burn off the logo on the can's. they also make a good item for a survival fishing kit.

remember in the 1950's when we would call up the local Smoak shop and ask the guy, DO YOU HAVE PRINCE ALBERT IN THE CAN? AND WHEN HE REPLIES YES, WE WOULD SAY, WELL THEN LET HIM OUT!! the great old days when no one got harmed.

I also save and use shoe polish tins. just melt out the polish residue and use a BURNSMATIS TORCH, to blacken it up. and VIOLA!!

Latest posts

Back