• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Loyalist Arms Guns With Black Painted Stocks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tacksman45

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Has anyone her ever ordered a gun from Loyalist Arms with the stock painting option they offer? They say on their website that they will paint gun stocks black to resemble the black asphalt paint applied guns meant for sea service on request. I would like to see what it looks like when they finish guns this way. Thanks!

I painted my tradegun myself, a red based on the color on the website for Clay Smith trade guns. I used an oil based paint. The wood took the paint well. I'd suggest you get the gun with stained wood and then decide if you want to do an oil based overpainting.

LD

I painted my tradegun myself, a red based on the color on the website for Clay Smith trade guns. I used an oil based paint. The wood took the paint well. I'd suggest you get the gun with stained wood and then decide if you want to do an oil based overpainting.

LD

LD,

Never having painted an Indian made stock, I wonder if it would be best to go over the stock well with Acetone before painting them? This to ensure some of the natural oils in the stock would be removed and the paint would adhere better?

Gus

LD,

Never having painted an Indian made stock, I wonder if it would be best to go over the stock well with Acetone before painting them? This to ensure some of the natural oils in the stock would be removed and the paint would adhere better?

Gus
No idea. Might be a good idea
My paint hasn't chipped or peeled

LD

Back