• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Loyalist Arms got real proud of their muskets....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Screenshot_20190527-160023_Outlook.jpg

I got the itch to try one of the Loyalist Arms smoothbore .58 P53 Enfields , because I have another one on layaway with Middlesex Village, and along with the pistol I paid in full I'm not likely to see those for a month of Sundays.......

They're kinda just pushing buyers looking for a reenactment or shooter Enfield toward just getting an Armi Sport for a few bucks more.

Anyway, in case anyone was curious its $600 + $100 shipping (wow) for a P53.....I began my inquiry with them looking for a P59 "post mutiny" .65 smoothbore with a block sight, since they offer the Enfield Cavalry Carbine in .65 with the correct block sight it wouldn't be much of a stretch to either make me a .65 3-bander or at least put the fixed rear sight on a .58. I just thought it would be neat to have a P59 made in India, maybe it's just me, I dont know :)

They say the rifles arrive 70% complete and they do the finish work, and it will take 4-6 weeks.

I'm interested if they can make me what I want , if they aren't willing to, I think I'll spend my money elsewhere or maybe just get one of their Tower pistols which I've wanted for a long time.

I would pay $600 for a P59 "repro" , they seem to order the mostly complete muskets as needed vs having them on hand so I assume they can call the Indian gun maker and be like "add in one 3 band Enfield but with a .65 pipe not a .58 and put a "tombstone block " sight on it" . I'd wait a few months for that no big deal.

I would think my request would be odd if they didn't already offer the carbine in .65.

The carbine is cool too but not ".65 3-band P59" cool.

Like you said, I'm the customer with the $$$ I want what I want.

I hope they respond quick , I have firearms ADD :) if they hem and haw on me , something else will catch my eye and the extra cash burning a hole in my pocket will just go to someone else.

An 1859 Enfield .65 would be more historical correct than any of the Enfields they currently offer. :)

I'm still waiting to hear back from them lol I guess they have to have their guy contact the guy in India and the guy in India is on vacation for some open ended period of time

Latest posts

Back